The Student Room Group

I have a tocix home & don't want to move back home after each year is done at Uni

I live in a toxic household, and a main reason why I'm going to Uni is to get moved out. I can't stand the thought of moving back home every summer, or whenever my course finishes for the year.

I know there's a moving out deadline for every accommodation at the end of the year, but is there a program that the University has to help students in situations like this?
Original post by sophieholden
I live in a toxic household, and a main reason why I'm going to Uni is to get moved out. I can't stand the thought of moving back home every summer, or whenever my course finishes for the year.

I know there's a moving out deadline for every accommodation at the end of the year, but is there a program that the University has to help students in situations like this?
Hi Sophieholden,

Sorry to hear that you don't want to move home at the end of each year between when your course finishes and starts again.

I would suggest speaking to the accommodation and the well-being teams at your university and see if there is anything which they are able to do to help with your situation. It is also worth looking at when tenancies end and when the new one starts as sometimes these can over lap meaning that you have accommodation at university over the summer when your course has finished and before it starts again in the new academic year. But defiantly speak to the accommodation team if this is not the case and even speak to your academic tutor as well.

I hope this helps 😊

Katie - Student Ambassador
Lot's of unis offer year-round acommodation options for students where it would be impractical or undesireable to return home. As above, have a word with the relevant accommodation team.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending