The Student Room Group

Second undergraduate degree

Hi guys, I hope you are all well and safe😘...

Can you study a second undergraduate (u pay for the full course fee) when you have not finished paying back your student loan for the first one (England)?

For example, u study nursing degree and u work as a nurse for around 10 yrs...then u decide to change career, so u need another undergraduate degree to get the new career u want...and u have some savings that will be enough for the second degree. So after u finish your second degree and have a job, u finish paying back the student loan....
Thanks and sorry for any error or confusion please feel free to ask if u r confused..😘
You won’t get student finance for another undergraduate degree bar a few subjects (medicine I think and similar)
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine1973
You won’t get student finance for another undergraduate degree bar a few subjects (medicine I think and similar)

Thanks..uh I understand that but can u pay to do another undergraduate degree even if u have not finish paying the student loan u have from the first undergraduate degree u did?? Thx
Yeah I can’t see any reason why not, they didn’t ask me about any student loan when I went to university a second time.
And you can of course just not work anyway and not repay the loan (unemployment, have a baby, be 60 and not have to repay anyway!)
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine1973
Yeah I can’t see any reason why not, they didn’t ask me about any student loan when I went to university a second time.
And you can of course just not work anyway and not repay the loan (unemployment, have a baby, be 60 and not have to repay anyway!)

Thanks...that's very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending