The Student Room Group

Please help me decide my EPQ topic

I would like to choose something physics related, but I want it to be something unique.

My only ideas were:
-What are the limits of quantum cooling technology?
-To what extent does physics render determinism obsolete?

I like the idea of the first one but I understand the EPQ mark scheme favours projects that are more debate themed and provide an argument, which is annoying for those interested in science based projects.

I am open to other suggestions or feedback on my ideas, thanks for the help!
Original post by ronniexone
I would like to choose something physics related, but I want it to be something unique.

My only ideas were:
-What are the limits of quantum cooling technology?
-To what extent does physics render determinism obsolete?

I like the idea of the first one but I understand the EPQ mark scheme favours projects that are more debate themed and provide an argument, which is annoying for those interested in science based projects.

I am open to other suggestions or feedback on my ideas, thanks for the help!

Hi @ronniexone

Both ideas sound excellent and really interesting.

My best advise would be to choice the topic you are most passionate about. If the mark scheme favours projects that include a stronger debate then you should to a project that you are passionate about because the best debates/arguments are made when you care about something.

Hope this helps. If you need any more advice please ask.

Dom :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi @ronniexone

Both ideas sound excellent and really interesting.

My best advise would be to choice the topic you are most passionate about. If the mark scheme favours projects that include a stronger debate then you should to a project that you are passionate about because the best debates/arguments are made when you care about something.

Hope this helps. If you need any more advice please ask.

Dom :h:

Hi @Liverpool Hope University, thanks for the response.

I think I'm gonna choose the first one. I am thinking to exploring some of the behaviour of atoms and quantum mechanical properties at super low temperatures, like superfluidity and Bose Einstein states. I can then assess how these discoveries have impacted other findings in science.

Do you think thats a good idea? or do you have any suggestions for other things I can talk about relating to this topic?

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ronniexone
Hi @Liverpool Hope University, thanks for the response.

I think I'm gonna choose the first one. I am thinking to exploring some of the behaviour of atoms and quantum mechanical properties at super low temperatures, like superfluidity and Bose Einstein states. I can then assess how these discoveries have impacted other findings in science.

Do you think thats a good idea? or do you have any suggestions for other things I can talk about relating to this topic?

Hi :hello:

It sounds like you have a great idea boxed off and ready to go!

If you have any other questions drop us a message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending