The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

1. What course are you applying for? Computer Science
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? 4A* (Chem, Phys, 2x Maths)
3. What were your GCSE grades? 99999998888A*
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? Oxford Imperial Edinburgh LSE
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? Competitions, Books, Music, Writing
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by 17chloe
omg hi, im also applying for chemistry but i applied for chem w maths hehe. i applied to both ucl and kings and i think ucl is more competitive but im not sure.

Hi!!! Good luck to you!! Yeah that’s what I seem to get from googling etc that ucl is more competitive, have you been to look at either of them in person by any chance? Where else did you apply to :smile:
Original post by Rainbowpink1999x
Hi!!! Good luck to you!! Yeah that’s what I seem to get from googling etc that ucl is more competitive, have you been to look at either of them in person by any chance? Where else did you apply to :smile:

omg thank you good luck to you too!!! i havent been to either sadly :frown: although ucl looks very nice on google maps hahahaha. i also applied to oxford, imperial and birmingham. how about you? :smile:
Original post by 17chloe
omg thank you good luck to you too!!! i havent been to either sadly :frown: although ucl looks very nice on google maps hahahaha. i also applied to oxford, imperial and birmingham. how about you? :smile:

Havent applied yet but i believe my 5 choices are going to be ucl, kings, bristol, birmingham and most likely manchester although it may swap to nottingham :smile:
1. French and Italian
2. Already achieved AB in French and Biology and predicted A in German
3. 9999887777
4. KCL, ULIP, Bristol, Exeter
5. Piano and guitar, volunteering at a special needs school, debating society, lots of further reading and RYA qualifications in sailing.
Original post by Rainbowpink1999x
Havent applied yet but i believe my 5 choices are going to be ucl, kings, bristol, birmingham and most likely manchester although it may swap to nottingham :smile:

wait did you say you were applying to chem? we’re applying to three of the same unis hahaha omg lets be friends !!!
Reply 86
1. What course are you applying for? Law
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? Philosophy, English Literature, History (A*A*A*)
3. What were your GCSE grades? 99999888888
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? Oxford, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? Writing articles for online blogs, guitar, co-runner of my school's lawsoc, wider reading

good luck everyone!! anyone else applying for llb?
Original post by jscgr
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? Philosophy, English Literature, History (A*A*A*)
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? Oxford, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? Writing articles for online blogs, guitar, co-runner of my school's lawsoc, wider reading

I have a friend who is, but I don't think she's on TSR.

Good luck!! Have you sent your UCAS application in yet?
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? I'm on a gap year, but i got A*AABB for Eng Lang, History, TS, Phys and Maths respectively
3. What were your GCSE grades? A*A*A*AAAAAB
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? Oxford, Bristol, York, Warwick
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? Editing articles, writing a book, broadway karaoke in the shower
Reply 89
Original post by theJoyfulGeek
I have a friend who is, but I don't think she's on TSR.

Good luck!! Have you sent your UCAS application in yet?

thank you, best wishes to you too for your application process!! yep i sent mine on the 30th, just awaiting offers after my lnat now (it's tomorrow so i'm on the verge of passing out due to fear tbh, but fingers crossed)
Original post by beaurudol
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? I'm on a gap year, but i got A*AABB for Eng Lang, History, TS, Phys and Maths respectively
3. What were your GCSE grades? A*A*A*AAAAAB
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? Oxford, Bristol, York, Warwick
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? Editing articles, writing a book, broadway karaoke in the shower

broadway karoke in the shower made me giggle
Original post by xsowmix
I can't seem to find a thread for 2021 applicants for UCL so decided to make one.

1. What course are you applying for?
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them?
3. What were your GCSE grades?
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to?
5. What extra curricular activities do you do?

Applying For: Bachelor of Arts and Sciences
Predicted Grades: International Baccalaureate (IB) 43 Points HL (7) Math Applications (7) Econ (6) Eng Lit
GCSE Grades: 99A*887AABC (My GCSE grades are atrocious)
Other Universities: LSE, KCL, Edinburgh, Durham (My back ups are in my local city)

Extracurriculars:

Was given a Creativity Activity and Services award by my school nominated for students with ac
Internship and academic extracurriculars:
- Worked as an intern in digital marketing consultancy firm,
- created a Business and Economics Blog

Creativity:
-3 times Local Chinese Painting competition top 3 awards
- ABRSM Grade 8 Violin
- ABRSM Grade 8 Piano
- Outstanding award for coming Final 8 in Antonio Vivaldi International Competition

Activity:
- Leader of my school's table tennis club as well as my school's U18 table tennis boys captain
- School's most valuable U16 and U14Table tennis player award
- Open Water and Advanced Open Water Certificate

Service:
- received a Certificate of appreciation for food drive
- member of a donation drive for a while

To anyone else who's applying to arts and sciences, is it fine if I focus my personal statement on the non liberal arts course that I am applying to? I saw from UCL's website that they don't really check your personal statement and instead, they focus more on the questionare for applicants who meet the entry requirements.
Original post by pickledpotato
broadway karoke in the shower made me giggle

:groovy:
Reply 93
What course are you applying for? Politics and Economics
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? 2A* 2A (Economics, History, maths, english lit)
3. What were your GCSE grades? international student - highest grade is an A and i have 9 As
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? LSE KCL warwick Birmingham
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? MUN, piano music and theory, basketball, orchestra, prefect
Original post by jscgr

hi! i'm also applying llb! hope your lnat went well, mine's on thursday and i'm so scared ahaha
Reply 95
Original post by pineaupple
hi! i'm also applying llb! hope your lnat went well, mine's on thursday and i'm so scared ahaha

hiya!!! hope your admissions process is going well x

thank you, i did it yesterday morning haha. hope yours goes well, all the luck for it :smile:
Original post by pineaupple

Mine was meant to be on Thursday too but go too scared and pushed it back😭😭 to nov 26th

Do u know if the LNAT scores get released to the university in one bunch? X
Hey everyone! I'm an international mature student (I'll be 21 by the time I start) applying this year.

2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? BA (Hons) Political science, with a minor in English. My predicted grade is 3.75/4, and the UCL requirement is 3.6/4.
3. What were your GCSE grades? 5A*S 2As and a 'Top in Country'. My A Levels were terrible, but in science subjects at BBB.
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? Cambridge, LSE, Durham, King's
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? Tutoring, teaching assistant, student government, law internship, public policy internship, other editorial internships, uni choir, volunteering
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by anonymusLI170902
Mine was meant to be on Thursday too but go too scared and pushed it back😭😭 to nov 26th

Do u know if the LNAT scores get released to the university in one bunch? X

I read online they get released to your unis within 24 hours of doing the test! Mine was supposed to be last month but I got it postponed to Thursday, still realllyyy not ready but my IB is coming up and I just want to get it done and over with lol

What other unis are you applying to?? :smile:
Hi, I am applying for mathematical computation at UCL.

Has anyone sent off their UCAS application and has anyone heard from UCL via email?

Latest

Trending

Trending