The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

patel143
does anyone have any idea what examples you can bring :confused:

This is a very minor thing, don't make a big deal of it. If you play any instrument or did art/technology at any level that would be a bonus. tbh I think the tutors have enough to worry about without looking for signs of amnual dexterity.
bring all the toolz :biggrin:
Reply 3
patel143

i took cross stitch embroidary last yr.
Reply 4
patel143

i take it you're filling out the notts online questionnaire...
Reply 5
timeofyourlife
i take it you're filling out the notts online questionnaire...

Probably preparing for a dentistry interview?

I have read elsewhere that playing musical instruments, practical fine art (eg painting, clay work) can show good dexterity.

edit, here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t71947.html
Reply 6
hihihihi
Probably preparing for a dentistry interview?

i doubt it. he also posted a thread about ethics, and since when did dentists care about ethics?? :wink:

i only said the notts medicine application thing because manual dexterity was one of the questions..
Reply 7
timeofyourlife
i doubt it. he also posted a thread about ethics, and since when did dentists care about ethics?? :wink:

i only said the notts medicine application thing because manual dexterity was one of the questions..

Actually in dental interviews you do have to talk about ethics.
Reply 8
I never had ethics in my dent interviews ???
Reply 9
nabzp
I never had ethics in my dent interviews ???

Really? it was only little bits in my interviews but there definatly were questions, not sure what they were now, long time ago! there is ethics involved in dentistry so it does make sense to ask things about it!
Reply 10
i think it was last week we were doing the anatomy of the mouth while the dentists had a session on the anatomy of the thorax (!)

how are finding bristol, sarah?
Reply 11
[QUOTE="timeofyourlife"]i think it was last week we were doing the anatomy of the mouth while the dentists had a session on the anatomy of the thorax (!)

how are finding bristol, sarah?[/QUOTE

Was it tuesday or thursday last week? I'm really enjoying myself, the course is great and bristol is a lovely place! Trying to revise for my anatomy spot (next thurs) at the mo, sooooooooo difficult! Its kinda irritating that we have to learn about the thorax and the abdomen, it is pointless but its in not really in any detail so its ok!
Reply 12
Sarah:-)
Was it tuesday or thursday last week? I'm really enjoying myself, the course is great and bristol is a lovely place! Trying to revise for my anatomy spot (next thurs) at the mo, sooooooooo difficult! Its kinda irritating that we have to learn about the thorax and the abdomen, it is pointless but its in not really in any detail so its ok!

i can't remember, my memory is terrible :redface:

i remember doing my xmas anatomy spot last year, it's not exactly the nicest thing to end the first term with - but don't worry, if it's a similar structure to ours then you only have to choose multiple choice answers!

there's nothing quite like the smell of formaldehyde in the morning..

Edit: BTW, where in wales are you from?
Reply 13
timeofyourlife
i can't remember, my memory is terrible :redface:

i remember doing my xmas anatomy spot last year, it's not exactly the nicest thing to end the first term with - but don't worry, if it's a similar structure to ours then you only have to choose multiple choice answers!

there's nothing quite like the smell of formaldehyde in the morning..

Edit: BTW, where in wales are you from?

I still smell of formaldehyde, had DR today, should really have a shower............
Reply 14
Actually in dental interviews you do have to talk about ethics.

I think he was being sarcastic :wink:
Reply 15
Fluffy

hi fluffy! i'll have to get around to removing you from my sig at some point, it's getting a bit old now :tongue:
Reply 16
Fluffy

lol yes, took that a bit too seriously!
Reply 17
I still smell of formaldehyde, had DR today, should really have a shower............

i haven't been to the DR since monday, seems strange having it attached to the vet school - everytime i go there i walk past a room with a random cat being gutted :eek:
Reply 18
timeofyourlife
i haven't been to the DR since monday, seems strange having it attached to the vet school - everytime i go there i walk past a room with a random cat being gutted :eek:

They had half a horse the other day! Aparently when the vets see ppl looking in they get out the most goriest looking things to shock us lol
Reply 19
They had half a horse the other day! Aparently when the vets see ppl looking in they get out the most goriest looking things to shock us lol

yep, i know what you mean. having 4 of them sing "and they called it puppy love..." while dissecting a dog wasn't exactly encouraging..

*evil vets* :rolleyes:

BTW, you may not have seen it (probably haven't)..but there is a massive "goldfish bowl" style container next to the human DR where they keep some of the bodies. they float around peacefully and scare the hell out of people that didn't know they were there..

Latest