The Student Room Group

Don’t like this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holly6901
I wouldn't like it but I'd realise there was bigger issues

I know and what do you mean by bigger issues?
Original post by Anonymous
I know and what do you mean by bigger issues?

this is either
a. something mildly annoying
b. something that actually causes your mental health to deteriorate

if it's B I suggest you follow the advice above it's very good advice.

if it's A people are dying, people can't see their dying relatives or attend their funeral get over it
this is either
a. something mildly annoying
b. something that actually causes your mental health to deteriorate

if it's B I suggest you follow the advice above it's very good advice.

if it's A people are dying, people can't see their dying relatives or attend their funeral get over it

I don’t know
I don’t know

think on it for a while
It can disturb the neighbours though because the walls aren’t sound proof so the neighbours can hear it and if it’s upsetting me it can be abuse.

It's not abusive. Stop being so overdramatic.
think on it for a while

Ok
Original post by Reality Check
It's not abusive. Stop being so overdramatic.

I’m not it’s just really frustrating
I’m not it’s just really frustrating

I get that, but is it really life changing? Your mum shouts at you that the food is done and you don't like it. Mums shout. They're programmed to shout. Just ignore it :smile:
I get that, but is it really life changing? Your mum shouts at you that the food is done and you don't like it. Mums shout. They're programmed to shout. Just ignore it :smile:

I can’t ignore it because she’ll come back up to get me down
I can’t ignore it because she’ll come back up to get me down

So just go down then...

If you go down promptly, then she's got less reason to start screaming and shouting.
So just go down then...

If you go down promptly, then she's got less reason to start screaming and shouting.

But she shouts me everyday and I it frustrates me to point I don’t want to go down
But she shouts me everyday and I it frustrates me to point I don’t want to go down

I understand that. But if you keep refusing to go down, she's going to keep shouting. So you're stuck. The only way to stop her shouting is to just go down. So it's your choice - do you want her to stop her shouting, or do you want to keep perpetuating a situation where you dig your heels in and refuse to do as she's asking, which results in her screaming and shouting?

I know which I'd prefer. Your choice though.
I understand that. But if you keep refusing to go down, she's going to keep shouting. So you're stuck. The only way to stop her shouting is to just go down. So it's your choice - do you want her to stop her shouting, or do you want to keep perpetuating a situation where you dig your heels in and refuse to do as she's asking, which results in her screaming and shouting?

I know which I'd prefer. Your choice though.

I will start going down quicker but she’s still going to shout
I will start going down quicker but she’s still going to shout

Of course she will -she's a mum. But the quicker you go down, the less she'll shout, because she'll have less reason to shout...
Of course she will -she's a mum. But the quicker you go down, the less she'll shout, because she'll have less reason to shout...

I just don’t understand why she can’t just phone me or even come to my room for me
I just don’t understand why she can’t just phone me or even come to my room for me

She's not going to ring you - I wouldn't. That's just silly. You don't ring people in the same house...

Yes, she could come into your room to get you, but realistically she's busy, and it's easier for her just to shout for you from downstairs. It's really not that deep.

As I say - she's a mum. And mums like shouting.
She's not going to ring you - I wouldn't. That's just silly. You don't ring people in the same house...

Yes, she could come into your room to get you, but realistically she's busy, and it's easier for her just to shout for you from downstairs. It's really not that deep.

As I say - she's a mum. And mums like shouting.

I just can’t cope with it anymore, can I move in with you
I just can’t cope with it anymore, can I move in with you

:laugh: sorry, I don't think that would work.

You could pre-empt this situation, and when you smell that the food is about done, just be downstairs - not necessarily in the same room, but about. She'd have less reason to start shouting for you then - or at least not so loudly.
:laugh: sorry, I don't think that would work.

You could pre-empt this situation, and when you smell that the food is about done, just be downstairs - not necessarily in the same room, but about. She'd have less reason to start shouting for you then - or at least not so loudly.

We could try it out because I sick of the shouting now
It’s just my mum shouting across the house when my dinner or lunch is ready or if she needs me, it happens everyday without fail a number of times, it’s just gets on my and it really gets under my skin. It’s just the way she shouts my name as well because its just in an loud aggressive manner and she does it really loud. I told her just to phone me and she says she is not doing that but I just can’t stand it. I just hate being shouted across the house at but the worse thing is when I am literally just entering the kitchen but she’s still shouting me to my bedroom and that really pisses me off so sometimes I just go back upstairs. It’s bad for the neighbours because I’m pretty sure they can hear the shouting through the wall. I know it might happen in other houses but I really don’t like it and I find it really annoying. I don’t even want to have her food anyway but she doesn’t let me cook myself or anything because I thought I’ll start cooking myself to stop the shouting but my mum stops me so I have no choice but to eat her food and get shouted at across the house. I sometimes like to cry out of frustration when she shouts me because I can’t stand it, I just can’t.

OMG HAT IS MY MUM shell yell ill be upstairs and shell start saying when i do eventualky hear her that i called u 10x u didnt come down and then i get something taken away from me or more chores. like she yells at me to get her phone when im uostairs and shes downstairs watching tv and her phone is like on the other side of the table or to lwt the dog out like shes nearer get of ur bum and do it urself. its so so so god dam frustrating.and idk if anyone has this problem my mums amazing but she has her downfalls and say ik tryinh to learn something new right shell tell me its not rocket scienve and shell show me how to do it rlly quickly and when i vet it wrong shell say its aint hard in a attitude of ur stupid or say i got the wrong outfit for my brither cos she told me get a outfit shell talk to me like im stupid. its horrible i only learnt to make a cuo of tea at 15 and im 15 and a half now and my nan taught me cos everytime she showed me she did it so fast i got mjxed up.and she keeos going u know best whats the answer then or u always thibk i know best wekk u dont when acc im right shes wrong bjt she wont acceot that im trying ti help her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending