The Student Room Group

transfering for second year

hello, I was wondering if anyone in the UK has had experience transfering university from first year to a different uni for second year. what is the process and where do I start? thanks X
Original post by Anonymous
hello, I was wondering if anyone in the UK has had experience transfering university from first year to a different uni for second year. what is the process and where do I start? thanks X

I don't have experience, but if you have given it much thought and it is something you want to do, you would need to talk to the university you want to transfer to first. Sometimes it isn't possible to transfer if you don't have the right modules if the course content slightly differs (some 2nd year modules may need prerequisite modules which would have been completed in the first year) and there also needs to be space available on the course. Secondly, you would need to talk to your own department or personal tutor - if you have certain concerns about your current course, they will do their best to help solve this for you. If you still want to go ahead with the transfer, they will give you more information in how to go about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending