The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Congrats on the offers everyone! Can I ask if anyone's got an offer who felt like their interview went badly? Mine didn't go too well I don't think & I'm half-expecting a rejection, but I'm just curious ahah
Nothin for me, why'd they start on a friday now we gotta wait all weekend :'(
I know :frown:
I have other offers but still waiting to hear from Manchester. Good luck to all waiting <3
Original post by dxnixl
got rejected and this was my best interview um... that’s med done with 😩

I’m so sorry I’ve seen your messages from the beginning please keep your head up :frown:(( honestly this made me so sad ik you don’t know me but still
Original post by j5994
Nothin for me, why'd they start on a friday now we gotta wait all weekend :'(

same here (though I'm not expecting anything great tbh this was probs my worst interview!) but they might continue through the weekend, some people on the Sheffield thread were receiving rejections on a Saturday I think --- not that I mean to say we're gonna be rejected, just that some unis might have a system through the weekend!!
Original post by vitaminC&amp
Untrue, a lot of med schools sent offers in Feb

Ironic as people have been getting offers/rejections today lmao
Original post by Vdr2021
2022?
Are you home or international ?

yeah i applied for a gap year, and I'm home
heyyyyy good luck bestie <33 !!! I haven't heard anything either but I'm rooting for u!!!
Hey, do u have a link for this study? Very worrying haha
Original post by tipexmaster25
Congrats on the offers everyone! Can I ask if anyone's got an offer who felt like their interview went badly? Mine didn't go too well I don't think & I'm half-expecting a rejection, but I'm just curious ahah

i didn't come out thinking it went crazy well, so there's defo a good chance!
Been looking for this where do I get that? Sorry I’m so slow with this
You think if you think you’ve done really well it’s unlikely you have then yeah
(edited 3 years ago)
Good luck to you and @tipexmaster25 I haven’t heard yet but I hope you both get in :smile:
Original post by Bookworm2003
Ironic as people have been getting offers/rejections today lmao

How is this ironic..?
You’re telling me I have to wait until next week and maybe not even then to get rejected :frown:(( (I know I did horrendously)
Original post by leelokpan
Hey, do u have a link for this study? Very worrying haha

It was by a former user called 'Doones' a few years back and basically took how people rated their Oxbridge interview /10, then followed up who got in and who didn't. It had a reasonable sample size, but arts and humanities only. Those who didn't get in rated their interviews slightly higher than those who did.

I would consider it some weak evidence supporting the 'common wisdom' that people are just awful at assessing how they have done at an interview, and that there's very little correlation either way. I wouldn't consider it evidence that if you're confident you're more likely to be rejected.

Edit: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5081556&page=4#post74958946
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by dxnixl
got rejected and this was my best interview um... that’s med done with 😩

Don't give up. It might be done for 2021, but do a gap year, get a job and reapply. I know someone who didn't get in last year but did a gap year and reapplied. This person has multiple offers this year.
Any grads got offers as of yet? Or heard anything back?
Original post by JhunnyK
Any grads got offers as of yet? Or heard anything back?

Hey, I’m a grad and got an offer tonight for 2022 entry :smile:
Congrats to everyone that got an offer today!!! Very well deserved, for the rest of us I guess weve just got to wait it out and hope for the best, rooting for you all (not myself lol):smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending