The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tipexmaster25
I know this isn't 100% related to the a106 medicine course, but has anyone heard back from Manchester for their 5th choice? I applied to biomedical sciences (think it might have been with a placement year but I can't honestly remember) though I haven't heard anything back yet. I have only seen 2 people who's heard back from them (for a fifth choice) so far, one had to rewrite their PS?? Also seems to be no interview for biomed this year as well, so I'm a bit confused.

Just anxious since I keep seeing a lot of people getting offers for biosciences this week haha- I guess nothing is better than no though, right?

I have withdrawn my application to the Biomed ( Manchester) which was my 5th choice after taking on board Ecolier’s advice. I m committed to medicine and If I do not get any offers, decided to take a gap year and reapply.
Yes , they asked for a new PS( I couldn’t be bothered ).BTW, the email said 19th Nov was the last date to submit my new PS.
Good luck for yours 👍🏻
Original post by Babz18
I have withdrawn my application to the Biomed ( Manchester) which was my 5th choice after taking on board Ecolier’s advice. I m committed to medicine and If I do not get any offers, decided to take a gap year and reapply.
Yes , they asked for a new PS( I couldn’t be bothered ).BTW, the email said 19th Nov was the last date to submit my new PS.
Good luck for yours 👍🏻

Ah, understandable. That's irritating- I was really hoping I wouldn't have to write another statement if I got an offer, but it's looking like it's headed that way! (Annoying when a lot of the other biomedical science/ biological science/ even pharmacy courses are allowing it as a 5th without a new PS). Thanks for replying, and best of luck with your application as well!
Nee to TSR ., would Rep you +++.,
All your advice is so so useful & unbiased .🙏🏼
Ah, understandable. That's irritating- I was really hoping I wouldn't have to write another statement if I got an offer, but it's looking like it's headed that way! (Annoying when a lot of the other biomedical science/ biological science/ even pharmacy courses are allowing it as a 5th without a new PS). Thanks for replying, and best of luck with your application as well!

Agree about other Uni’s giving offers without any added stress.As Ecolier said,what’s the point when we are more geared to go into medicine ..
At least if no offers, Extra/ Clearing gives us a second chance.
Hopefully we won’t need it 🤞🏼.
Original post by Babz18
Agree about other Uni’s giving offers without any added stress.As Ecolier said,what’s the point when we are more geared to go into medicine ..
At least if no offers, Extra/ Clearing gives us a second chance.
Hopefully we won’t need it 🤞🏼.

So true! And even when people are getting unconditional offers for biomedical at some unis (no shade to them, I'm rather jealous actually :biggrin:) trust our luck to apply to the one asking for all this extra stuff haha. I've applied to Sheffield for medicine and got an interview as well, and they actually consider you for biomedical science (and 1 other degree but I can't remember its name) if you get rejected post interview- so I kind of already have a second chance there and don't 100% need to have a 5th. But I did really like the look of Manchester for biomed in case I don't get my predicted grades, so I'll probably stick with it if I do get considered.

Hopefully we won't need to go through extra/ clearing though! All the best with your applications :smile:
So true! And even when people are getting unconditional offers for biomedical at some unis (no shade to them, I'm rather jealous actually :biggrin:) trust our luck to apply to the one asking for all this extra stuff haha. I've applied to Sheffield for medicine and got an interview as well, and they actually consider you for biomedical science (and 1 other degree but I can't remember its name) if you get rejected post interview- so I kind of already have a second chance there and don't 100% need to have a 5th. But I did really like the look of Manchester for biomed in case I don't get my predicted grades, so I'll probably stick with it if I do get considered.

Hopefully we won't need to go through extra/ clearing though! All the best with your applications :smile:

a lot of med schools will offer you other courses to change your application to after a rejection :smile:
Original post by yomedicgirl
altho last year the cut off in Manchester was 2610 for interview is I hope its below 2800 this year lmao

3040 is ridiculous 😭 I was hoping the cut off would be lower than sheff 2740 but now I’m having doubts 😭
has anyone gotten rejected from Manchester so far?
Yeah I have unfortunately.:frown:
If worst came to worst, would I be able to apply for medicine through UCAS Extra or not?
Thanks
Did they send out the rejection before the NAI form or after?
Original post by mountainousfiren
Did they send out the rejection before the NAI form or after?

They sent it after, I got it today.
But I thought that there was no cleaning for Medicine as the spots would have already filled up. Also, would I have to do the UCAT again if I where to go through cleaning?
Original post by tishintibitawa
Yeah I have unfortunately.:frown:

I’m so sorry :frown: stay positive though, you’ve still got your other options!!
Do you know why they rejected you?
Original post by Student030212
I’m so sorry :frown: stay positive though, you’ve still got your other options!!
Do you know why they rejected you?

I did not receive an email from UoM directly and so I have written them an email asking why. But it was moat likely my low UCAT score of 2400.
Thanks and I wish you the best of luck with your application.
I did not receive an email from UoM directly and so I have written them an email asking why. But it was moat likely my low UCAT score of 2400.
Thanks and I wish you the best of luck with your application.

It should say on track. If you view the letter it’ll give you a reason
Ah okay, so its only certain medical schools that go into clearing and if you did bad in the UCAT then you basically have to take a gap year.
Thank you for clarifying. 😁
Original post by Rla2020
It should say on track. If you view the letter it’ll give you a reason

I looked, but it says that I have to contact UoM to get the reason.
Very true, thanks for your help.
I looked, but it says that I have to contact UoM to get the reason.

Ah ok, fair enough. Good luck with your other choices

Latest

Trending

Trending