The Student Room Group

A-Level English Language {AQA}

I'm currently a year 11 student (can I still call myself that, I don't know) and am pretty certain I want to study A-level English Language. I'm wondering if anyone who studies/studied it can tell me what it's actually like and what other subjects they study with it?
Hey! I do English Language (Edexcel but I can't imagine it will be that different), Sociology and Psychology. For English you have coursework which is worth 20% of your final grade and in that you have to write either 2 short stories or 2 articles. You also look at identity and child language and other things (which I am not too sure about as I haven't started yet but I you look on your college/sixth forms website it should tell you). Identity is quite similar to GCSE English Language in that you get given the unseen text and have to analyse it but in more depth than you would in GCSE. You also look at different theories to do with gender and power (e.g.do men talk more than women). I hope this helped but if you are still unsure feel free to message :-)

Quick Reply

Latest