The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sm0005
Is anyone taking into consideration the whispers of the possibility of a third wave in the Autumn and avoiding their preferred rotations then? Dunno if i'm looking to deep into this tbh tho...

As far as I'm aware the rotation order is random within the different years. For example the jobs listed for F1 may not be in the order advertised, same for F2 (at least this is what is stated on NW deanery welcome pack thing).
For South Thames, does anyone know what the chances are of getting continuity 2 years in London if you're within the 4th decile?
Does it depend on the decile or on the total score?
Is this in response to my post? If so, my decile was 4th for South Times and score was 83.4. Anyone know anyone from previous years getting continuity in London with a similar score to me?

Original post by Anonymous
Does it depend on the decile or on the total score?
Also, I personally didn’t like the hospital, and my friend who did her F1 there left after one year. You might have a different experience.

What made you dislike the hospital if you don’t mind sharing?
Hi! Could someone pls explain what a supernumerary rota is & what it means in practice (money-wise as well)?
Do you guys read all the job descriptions in each seperate Trust to compare the rota when ranking the FP jobs?
How does pay banding even look like in Foundation Training?

Are these things we should even look at when applying for posts or do they usually look the same?

so many q's, so little time :s-smilie: :confused:
What made you dislike the hospital if you don’t mind sharing?

In my own opinion, there was this air of “disorganisation” plus it wasn’t very easy getting help for the things I wanted. Just like most NHS Trusts, the medical staffing in this hospital is particularly horrible, you’d literarily have to chase them down to get anything done.
I can ask my friend for her own perspective and why she decided not to stay after her F1
In my own opinion, there was this air of “disorganisation” plus it wasn’t very easy getting help for the things I wanted. Just like most NHS Trusts, the medical staffing in this hospital is particularly horrible, you’d literarily have to chase them down to get anything done.
I can ask my friend for her own perspective and why she decided not to stay after her F1

Yes please can you ask. I can’t find anyone who has worked there to ask. Also, do you mind asking your friend about the rotas? Is usual f1 9-5 or earlier? I’m trying to figure out my commute from London if it’s doable or not. Thanks a lot!
Hey everyone! Just a quick question for people who have been allocated to Scotland: how many groups is everyone ranking? I have preferenced just under 30 groups and I have a score of 85, do you think that will be enough or should I continue to rank the groups? Thanks
Does anyone know howikely it is that I will get my top 50 choices in a deanery that has 220 jobs when there are 100 people above me and 120 below me? Pretty much sat in the middle and I'm so worried rn
Yes please can you ask. I can’t find anyone who has worked there to ask. Also, do you mind asking your friend about the rotas? Is usual f1 9-5 or earlier? I’m trying to figure out my commute from London if it’s doable or not. Thanks a lot!

Not at Medway Maritime, but most FY1 jobs start well before 9. In my experience, if you’re on a surgical job, you can expect to start 7-8am. Medical jobs from 8-9am, with many days starting at 8am. Obviously this varies from hospital to hospital.
Hi! Does anyone know if you can locum as an F3 in paeds if you didn't have a rotation of paeds within F2, only within F1? Or does it not matter, as long as you had a rotation in either F1 or F2? Thanks :smile:
Anyone here going to Yorkshire and Humber for F1/2, particularly North Yorkshire/East Coast folk at the bottom end of the scoring scale. No-one has replied to the specific thread I posted yesterday. Just asking about honest opinion about foundation years in Scunthorpe or Grimsby, as it looks like I'll have at least a year in either one of these.
I had hoped my SJT would give me a chance at South or West Yorkshire, closer to family, friends etc, but that won't be the case. I have a low score, so have just scraped into the Yorkshire deanery and will be in NYEC where all the lowest ranking candidates are allocated after group matching. I've no knowledge of this area/group of hospitals and so am looking for any information from medical students, foundation doctors or anyone who has worked in these hospitals about what they are like. Wanting to make the best choices for ranking, even though I'll probably get quite a low choice, and wanting to make the most out of these 2 years..
Does anyone know howikely it is that I will get my top 50 choices in a deanery that has 220 jobs when there are 100 people above me and 120 below me? Pretty much sat in the middle and I'm so worried rn

Well I don’t think you can predict that since you don’t know how many will want your particular job!
Anyone here going to Yorkshire and Humber for F1/2, particularly North Yorkshire/East Coast folk at the bottom end of the scoring scale. No-one has replied to the specific thread I posted yesterday. Just asking about honest opinion about foundation years in Scunthorpe or Grimsby, as it looks like I'll have at least a year in either one of these.
I had hoped my SJT would give me a chance at South or West Yorkshire, closer to family, friends etc, but that won't be the case. I have a low score, so have just scraped into the Yorkshire deanery and will be in NYEC where all the lowest ranking candidates are allocated after group matching. I've no knowledge of this area/group of hospitals and so am looking for any information from medical students, foundation doctors or anyone who has worked in these hospitals about what they are like. Wanting to make the best choices for ranking, even though I'll probably get quite a low choice, and wanting to make the most out of these 2 years..

Hi! Just wondering where you found the scoring scales for Yorkshire? Or are you just going off previous years? Thanks!
Hi! Just wondering where you found the scoring scales for Yorkshire? Or are you just going off previous years? Thanks!

Second this
Original post by medgrad2021
Hi! Could someone pls explain what a supernumerary rota is & what it means in practice (money-wise as well)?
Do you guys read all the job descriptions in each seperate Trust to compare the rota when ranking the FP jobs?
How does pay banding even look like in Foundation Training?

Are these things we should even look at when applying for posts or do they usually look the same?

so many q's, so little time :s-smilie: :confused:

"Supernumerary" literally means you're not in the official numbers for the rota, so if the ward needs 3 docs working it'll always be 3 plus you (you're an extra who they can function without). In terms of rota, usually it's office hours Monday-Friday - which would mean lower pay

However, many supernumerary jobs come with on-call commitments (ie you'd have to do nights/weekends as an FY1 on call on top of your supernumerary job (but be given days off from that to do the on calls obvs)) - if you have an on-call commitment that'll push the pay back up to an around average level
does anyone know about where to find more info on actual programmes in north west
Hey guys! I’m currently ranking jobs to LNR but I can’t access the online LNR job descriptions page. (without knowing what each job involves - it’ll be a difficult task to rank them all!)
Is anybody else experiencing this??

Latest

Trending

Trending