The Student Room Group

University of Worcester, diverse?

I want to accept my offer for Worcester, its the most convenient, so many lovely reviews on tutor support which I need and overall goes in line with a lot of my life plans. BUT, I am curious of how diverse it is, I have worked in places or attended events where I am the only person of a particular race there. I stand out because of it and get the odd silly comment or what people think ‘funny’ joke. I cannot imagine going to an uncultured university for 3 years! Anyone already at the university that can share their experience?
Join a group chat and see from there
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Join a group chat and see from there

A group? Where?
I want to accept my offer for Worcester, its the most convenient, so many lovely reviews on tutor support which I need and overall goes in line with a lot of my life plans. BUT, I am curious of how diverse it is, I have worked in places or attended events where I am the only person of a particular race there. I stand out because of it and get the odd silly comment or what people think ‘funny’ joke. I cannot imagine going to an uncultured university for 3 years! Anyone already at the university that can share their experience?

I would have thought Worcester Uni (who knew it existed!) drew the majority of its students from the local area, with a lower than average percentage of international students. Given that Worcestershire is hardly Diversity Central, you'd have to expect the university to show a similar demographic.

This is speculation - there must be some statistics to give you the answer one way or another. There's always stats on this sort of thing nowadays.
Reply 4
hey, I've accepted a place from Worcester and was also wandering the same thing as i'm not white. Diversity is really important to me, have you managed to find out how diverse Worcester is?
Reply 5
Original post by bridget5
hey, I've accepted a place from Worcester and was also wandering the same thing as i'm not white. Diversity is really important to me, have you managed to find out how diverse Worcester is?

Hey. Sadly not gotten any information about this, what course is it you’ll be doing? And congratulations on your place! Hopefully we both have good experiences.
Reply 6
Close to Birmingham, so possibly quite diverse yeah!
Original post by bridget5

I live in Birmingham and I know a handful of people who went to Worcestershire University and some who work there. And from my own opinion and what I’ve heard and know I’d definitely say Worcester is not diverse. One of the reasons why I didn’t put an application with them for my post graduate degree. But again this is just my opinion x
Reply 8
Hey. Sadly not gotten any information about this, what course is it you’ll be doing? And congratulations on your place! Hopefully we both have good experiences.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by Pinkstar1
I live in Birmingham and I know a handful of people who went to Worcestershire University and some who work there. And from my own opinion and what I’ve heard and know I’d definitely say Worcester is not diverse. One of the reasons why I didn’t put an application with them for my post graduate degree. But again this is just my opinion x

Thank you for letting me know
Is there anyone from a multicultural background on here that attends worcester???
Is there anyone from a multicultural background on here that attends worcester???

Meeee, where are you from

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending