The Student Room Group

Is it weird that you struggle and decelerate in an A level subject

Whilst others improve and accelerate, and you’re forced to drop out because of that one subject that’s pissing you off?
Honestly mate it’s natural, I was studying computer science at a different school and was really bad while the class was excelling. I quit that school and re sat year 12 in a diff school to do subjects I liked and man excelled in it. So it’s normal to fluctuate, but revise !
Original post by Anonymous
Whilst others improve and accelerate, and you’re forced to drop out because of that one subject that’s pissing you off?

What subject?
Reply 3
Original post by vicvic38
What subject?

Sociology
Original post by Anonymous
Sociology

It can be normal for that to happen, yeah. Did you try and work out why you were struggling? Sometimes you miss a single piece of info or just need a bit of help to put you back on the right path.
Reply 5
Original post by vicvic38
It can be normal for that to happen, yeah. Did you try and work out why you were struggling? Sometimes you miss a single piece of info or just need a bit of help to put you back on the right path.

I knew I was going to struggle in it because I hated it at gcse, but it did go better at A level. Before you ask why I picked it at A level it’s because my tutor (who teaches in religious studies and sociology) recommended I do sociology as it’s learning facts whereas Religious studies is philosophical and involves thinking outside the box and judging by my English language grade I wouldn’t do well in religious studies. I knew sociology wasn’t going to go well from the get go, if gcse didn’t go well what makes you think A level will? Surprisingly it went better than expected to begin with then went so so wrong and made me ill in the process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending