The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nataliegm
Very true, good to know what’s out there!

Quick question about the salary, no worries if you don’t know, how does the 49% AHA work? I’ve never had a job with it before so I’m curious!

So it's 49% of the basic salary + the basic salary.
Original post by Stuart7
So it's 49% of the basic salary + the basic salary.

Thank you, that’s what I thought but just wanted to double check with others!
This is the recruitment teams response when I asked if they could give me more details about the reserve list ‘We have no further updates at present on Border Force, Readiness Task Force (RTF), Border Force Officer - 50310 and reccomend a regular check be made on your Civil Service jobs portal for further updates.’
looks like lots of delays at the border, you would think this would be a good indication of resource issues? So hopefully some more training/start dates signed off soon?

I nearly quit my job this week, manager is pi£4ing me off and i'm hanging on by a thread.
Original post by paulbythesea
looks like lots of delays at the border, you would think this would be a good indication of resource issues? So hopefully some more training/start dates signed off soon?

I nearly quit my job this week, manager is pi£4ing me off and i'm hanging on by a thread.

I don’t like my job at all, when I got the email saying I was on the reserve list I thought “is it too soon to hand in my notice now??” 🤣 let’s hope we hear something soon and we can move onwards and upwards!
Original post by paulbythesea

Yeah previous jobs with the civil service I’ve been put on the reserve list and gotten the job so I think it’s a civil service thing.
Original post by patrick007
Hi

Does anyone know the pass mark for the interview?

I think it may be 28 and above. In the thread someone got 27 and they were unsuccessful
Has anyone received their provisional offers?
Zac

Original post by Stuart7
I will be relocating from Edinburgh.

I hope so too.

hi are you going to Gatwick when do you start I got Gatwick also I’m relocating from Belfast
Original post by mcclorp12
Zac

hi are you going to Gatwick when do you start I got Gatwick also I’m relocating from Belfast

Hey, I've not had my provisional offer yet. When did you get yours?

I'm down for Gatwick & Heathrow
Zac

i put Heathrow drown I’m still waiting. I got another job offer I’m gonna reject that.
Original post by daveena8247
i put Heathrow drown I’m still waiting. I got another job offer I’m gonna reject that.

What are you going to reject?
Original post by Stuart7
Hey, I've not had my provisional offer yet. When did you get yours?

I'm down for Gatwick & Heathrow

I got mine few months ago my start date is 08/03
Original post by Stuart7
What are you going to reject?

it’s a Heathrow AO job but transit but think imma wait for the RTF job
I got mine few months ago my start date is 08/03

Nice, lucky You! Hopefully I'm not far behind. I emailed them the other day Tomas what reserve list I am on, still waiting on a reply.
it’s a Heathrow AO job but transit but think imma wait for the RTF job

I think RTF will be better if your happy to be away from home for periods of time. I also think it will be good being multiskilled so you can do a variety of jobs rather than just one.
Original post by Stuart7
Nice, lucky You! Hopefully I'm not far behind. I emailed them the other day Tomas what reserve list I am on, still waiting on a reply.

I think RTF will be better if your happy to be away from home for periods of time. I also think it will be good being multiskilled so you can do a variety of jobs rather than just one.

I emailed them as well to ask what position I’m in still waiting for a reply.
Yes the RTF role sounds much better I’m young anyway travelling won’t be a problem for me
Guysss I’ve received my provisional offer for BF EO at Heathrow. They offered me this position instead I’m gonna take it
(edited 3 years ago)
Guysss I’ve received my provisional offer I’m so happy!!

Congratulations!!! Was it at the location you wanted?
Original post by Nataliegm
Congratulations!!! Was it at the location you wanted?

Thank youu ☺️ Yeah it’s at Heathrow but It’s not for RTF which is fine
Thank youu ☺️ Yeah it’s at Heathrow but It’s not for RTF which is fine

Oh interesting were you offered a different role? Heathrow was my choice as well, you never know, we might bump into each other one day if I hear back from them one day!

Latest

Trending

Trending