The Student Room Group

been out of education since year 9 and need help.

lets say i get igcses for maths and english lang. im 18 and ive heard that you cant take a levels after 18 or something. my question is what the hell do i do after getting those two igcses?
Reply 1
You could look into a level 3 BTEC course. It's best to contact the national careers advice service who can let you know of your options and the institutions near to you.
Original post by fascadee
You could look into a level 3 BTEC course. It's best to contact the national careers advice service who can let you know of your options and the institutions near to you.

whats a level 3 btec course?
BTEC courses are an option. You might be able to do A levels too I think with an iGCSE qualification. Not sure, but do double check.
In terms of choosing the qualification such as the subject. This is entirely dependant upon what you're interested in?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by MisterFortnite
BTEC courses are an option. You might be able to do A levels too I think with an iGCSE qualification. Not sure, but do double check.
In terms of choosing the qualification such as the subject. This is entirely dependant upon what you're interested in?

how do i double check that?
also, what are u talking about here? "In terms of choosing the qualification such as the subject. This is entirely dependant upon what you're interested in?"
Original post by Throwaway927774
how do i double check that?
also, what are u talking about here? "In terms of choosing the qualification such as the subject. This is entirely dependant upon what you're interested in?"

Sorry for the late reply. So basically, call up the colleges and check with the admissions office. They will provide accurate information. However, just incase their offices are closed, check out their prospectus (online / hardcopy of current year).
And by this : "In terms of choosing the qualification such as the subject. This is entirely dependant upon what you're interested in?"
I basically mean what it says. You asked about "my question is what the hell do i do after getting those two igcses". So, the answer to this is basically to choose whatever your heart desires. You need to ask yourself what you're interested in? What subject are you confident with?
So, for example. I have always been interested in computers. Hence, my A levels, BSc and MSc subjects have been chosen accordingly. Maths, IT, English, Computer Science, Intelligent Data Analysis.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest