The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good variaty there :smile:

English lang or lit?

:smile:
Reply 21
Don't bother with 5, it's not neccessary. Focus on what you want and spend the extra time from not doing a 5th subject on doing extra on your chosen 4.

Back to your original question, subjects seem good to me, nice and broad, but really it depends on where you see yourself going and how good you are at them as to whether they're good or not.

No idea what you want to do at uni?
These are the subjects I did, except I just did english language (which was terrible).
In my opinion they are great choices in some ways, especially if you want to do politics/economics at uni, but as many have said on here Further Maths would be a real strength if you wanted to apply for economics, (which, as a result I may end up sitting as AS-Level this year). Why not start out with 5 and then perhaps cut down to 4 depending on how you feel when doing them?
xxstace123xx
Good variaty there :smile:

English lang or lit?

:smile:

2 in 1:biggrin:
LegendKiller377
2 in 1:biggrin:

Cool. Yeah I think they are really good choices. Go for it:biggrin: Good luck! :smile:
thanksss, i aspire to become a sports or news journalist
could I do general studies as my 5th course for a level
Reply 27
No, that'd be the stupidest decision ever. Most universities don't even count it as an A-level - they explicitly state "Excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking". Most people only do it because their school forces them to. It's not a proper A-level.

(I'm not saying it's easy by the way before someone starts flaming me, I actually have no clue what the content is really like. I just know it's very disrespected.)
Reply 28
In my opinion the most sensible thing to do would be to forget university all together, not bother with A levels and become a plumber.
Reply 29
hmm whether other people think they're good choices or not realy doesn't matter.
What does matter is if you think they're good choices and if you think you'll enjoy them.
You don't want to be sitting through a lesson that's boring you to death now.
so just pick what suits you.
yeah true im happy with my chosen courses

Latest