The Student Room Group

Will accepting a clearing place make the other unis reject me?

Hi :smile: So yesterday I unfortunately didn't get the A level results I expected and was rejected from both my firm and insurance choices. I've since been offered 4 places for bioveterinary science through clearing. I'm not sure which university I'd like to go to out of those four. One of the universities needs an answer by tomorrow morning otherwise they'll take my provisional clearing place off me. If I accept that university tonight/early tomorrow morning and then decide I don't want to go there over the weekend, could I reject that university and add one of my other three? Or will doing that mean that my other three clearing places would be taken away from me?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post! I hope it makes sense.
Boosting
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte! :)
Hi :smile: So yesterday I unfortunately didn't get the A level results I expected and was rejected from both my firm and insurance choices. I've since been offered 4 places for bioveterinary science through clearing. I'm not sure which university I'd like to go to out of those four. One of the universities needs an answer by tomorrow morning otherwise they'll take my provisional clearing place off me. If I accept that university tonight/early tomorrow morning and then decide I don't want to go there over the weekend, could I reject that university and add one of my other three? Or will doing that mean that my other three clearing places would be taken away from me?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post! I hope it makes sense.

I haven't been in this situation before, but in the past I decided to change the course I was applying for and in order to do so I had to reject my firm and insurance offers - so I did technically have to reject everything else to accept my clearing offer. When considering the courses you could look at uni rank, modules, distance/commute and accommodation to help you with your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending