GCSES 999999888 A*
Reply 41
Original post by roryjaffacake
would it be a good idea to apply with:
A level predicted: AAA
UCAT - 2910
SJT BAND 3
GCSES 999999888 A*

Should be fine, though they do use SJT as art of the interview, so you would lose some marks here
Does anybody know whether St Andrews prefers candidates with achieved grades over preferred grades, especially for international students?
Reply 43
Original post by coffeefour
Does anybody know whether St Andrews prefers candidates with achieved grades over preferred grades, especially for international students?

I am not aware they have any preference for achieved grades
Original post by GANFYD
Should be fine, though they do use SJT as art of the interview, so you would lose some marks here

thanks so much for your reply! what do you mean by they use it at the interview? Do they use it to decide whether to give an interview or do they ask you questions about it during the interview?

do you think its too risky to apply?
thanks so much for your reply! what do you mean by they use it at the interview? Do they use it to decide whether to give an interview or do they ask you questions about it during the interview?

do you think its too risky to apply?

I think they use it as a 'station' at interview, so it is part of your interview score,
I've just read this forum and what do I select as the campus option on ucas if I don't know whether I'd want to go to Scotland or England for my clinical years? I've put 'N' for now but I'm not too sure. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Medi-cry
I think they use it as a 'station' at interview, so it is part of your interview score,

that makes sense Thank you. Do you know if there is any information about how the rest of the interview is scored/how many marks id lose because of this?
Hello, I also got the UCAT of 2560 and B4 as well so do you think is it risky to apply with B4? What I meant by risky is do I have to do extremely well at the interview? And I wonder how many marks is SJT count for the overall score of the interview
Original post by Anomolous2015
Hello, I also got the UCAT of 2560 and B4 as well so do you think is it risky to apply with B4? What I meant by risky is do I have to do extremely well at the interview? And I wonder how many marks is SJT count for the overall score of the interview

They don't say how they score the SJT element. You would have to perform well at interview to catch up those with higher UCATs/SJT's but they do have a high interview to offer ratio.

Your main issue may be actually getting an interview as you are very close to the cut off for previous years.
Original post by Laycity
They don't say how they score the SJT element. You would have to perform well at interview to catch up those with higher UCATs/SJT's but they do have a high interview to offer ratio.

Your main issue may be actually getting an interview as you are very close to the cut off for previous years.

Can you tell me their UCAT cut off for last year and the year before please
Can you tell me their UCAT cut off for last year and the year before please

2550 for RUK applicants

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/679801/response/1621687/attach/3/ResponseV1.0.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Thank you so do you know what’s the cut off the recent years?
I got 2550 band 1, is that enough to secure an interview? I'm an at home resident
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 54
Thank you so do you know what’s the cut off the recent years?

Original post by LunaMoon1290
I got 2550 band 1, is that enough to secure an interview? I'm an at home resident

The cut off was 2550 for 2018/19 and 2019/2020 for RUK applicants. Home usually means Scottish, and cut off was 2400 for 2019/20 and 2680 for 2018/19 for this fee group
Original post by GANFYD
The cut off was 2550 for 2018/19 and 2019/2020 for RUK applicants. Home usually means Scottish, and cut off was 2400 for 2019/20 and 2680 for 2018/19 for this fee group

Hey @GANFYD, how are you? :heart:

I was wondering if applicants are judged differently based on which route they apply for (England/Scottish). Also, as Manchester is the sole option for international students, does choosing the English route mean you are more likely to get a place in St George than Manchester (for RUK students)?

Hope you are having a great day!
Reply 56
Original post by Medi-cry
Hey @GANFYD, how are you? :heart:

I was wondering if applicants are judged differently based on which route they apply for (England/Scottish). Also, as Manchester is the sole option for international students, does choosing the English route mean you are more likely to get a place in St George than Manchester (for RUK students)?

Hope you are having a great day!

I am good, thanks :smile:

Yes, cut off scores are different for different routes
There are only a few international places and 50 places at Manchester and 20 at Barts available (not SGUL), so Manchester is still more likely, though you select your preferred option and whether you get it or not depends on results in exams
Hi, I hope you're all well.
Right now I am finalising my uni choices

my stats:
GCSEs: 999999888 A*
UCAT: 2910 BAND 3

is St Andrews too risky? Does anyone know if they use the SJT pre-interview or if it's just during the interview process?

After the interim results came out, I am in the 9th decile for my UCAT score

I would love an honest opinion for someone. Would another university be better to apply to? I just love st andrews so much and im not sure how big the risk is.

I am also applying to bristol, Glasgow and Nottingham
Hi, I hope you're all well.
Right now I am finalising my uni choices

my stats:
GCSEs: 999999888 A*
UCAT: 2910 BAND 3

is St Andrews too risky? Does anyone know if they use the SJT pre-interview or if it's just during the interview process?

After the interim results came out, I am in the 9th decile for my UCAT score

I would love an honest opinion for someone. Would another university be better to apply to? I just love st andrews so much and im not sure how big the risk is.

I am also applying to bristol, Glasgow and Nottingham

You're basically guaranteed an interview, but your Band 3 will mean you'll need to perform better at interview than people with Band1+2s to get an offer. It all depends on how confident you are at interviews.
Original post by Sososnake
You're basically guaranteed an interview, but your Band 3 will mean you'll need to perform better at interview than people with Band1+2s to get an offer. It all depends on how confident you are at interviews.

I was very confident in the interview part of the process but now that they're all online, I'm not so sure.

I think I will be willing to take this risk. Is there any information on what the interview process is like?

Also, do you have any idea if they prefer someone with predicted grades AAA* compared to AAA

Latest

Trending

Trending