The Student Room Group

What are your thoughts on the Cambridge professor's tweet?

I personally find it racist.

I'm unsure as to why Cambridge reacted to it by giving her a full professorship and suddenly saying that they support freedom of speech when in the past they didn't for lesser issues.

Spoiler

Reply 1
Original post by 5hyl33n
Unfortunately OP we just have to ignore and move on :smile:

Why should we be silent when someone is racist against white people, yet be encouraged to shout from the rooftops when someone is racist against BAME.

If you want equality, expect to be treated the same way. It's not one rule for you, and another for someone else.
Original post by --Student
Why should we be silent when someone is racist against white people, yet be encouraged to shout from the rooftops when someone is racist against BAME.

If you want equality, expect to be treated the same way. It's not one rule for you, and another for someone else.

I agree with you. That’s something that not many people understand.

Personally I think ALL lives matter.
Original post by --Student
I personally find it racist.

I'm unsure as to why Cambridge reacted to it by giving her a full professorship and suddenly saying that they support freedom of speech when in the past they didn't for lesser issues.

Spoiler

Yeah this was racist, there's no denying it.
What I find more annoying is that Cambridge Uni defended her but gave the cold shoulder to Jordan Peterson. Seems hypocritical.
Her tweet was racist.

What made this even worse is that Cambridge supported her yet through others under the bus. Cambridge will likely find that they have dug a hole for themselves if they try to discipline anyone else for similar comments about other races ("black lives don't matter" etc).

Quick Reply

Latest