The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth uni for law?

Hi I’ve put Bournemouth down as my insurance choice for law as it was the only uni that offered me a lower offer than my firm. I was wondering if there’s anyone who’s currently studying law at Bournemouth that could tell me how they feel about the course and studying there? I’m a bit worried that because it’s lower on the league tables getting a job in the law sector may be difficult. I’ve had a lot of people tell me I should decline the offer and just go through clearing if I need to and try to get into a Russel group that way but I like the campus and the town and I don’t want to risk not getting a place at all. Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by AbbeyJxxxxx
Hi I’ve put Bournemouth down as my insurance choice for law as it was the only uni that offered me a lower offer than my firm. I was wondering if there’s anyone who’s currently studying law at Bournemouth that could tell me how they feel about the course and studying there? I’m a bit worried that because it’s lower on the league tables getting a job in the law sector may be difficult. I’ve had a lot of people tell me I should decline the offer and just go through clearing if I need to and try to get into a Russel group that way but I like the campus and the town and I don’t want to risk not getting a place at all. Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:

Hi, I study at Bournemouth and love it here, although not law so can't comment on that.

I would personally leave your choices as they are for now, are you currently waiting on your A-Level results? Would coming to Bournemouth be really bad? Why did you apply to Bournemouth in the first place? We do have great placement opportunities though which means you graduate with work experience which is preferred when looking for work.

Are you happy with your firm choice if you get the grades for that?

I would have a look at some uni's that are currently open for clearing, see if they are better than Bournemouth. Just make a list for now.

When you get your grades you'll have these options:

1. Firm accepted
2. Insurance accepted
3. Decline both and apply for course through clearing
4. If you don't get the grades for either, apply through clearing (even the uni's which you didn't get in to)
5. If your grades are better than expected, look into adjustment - Not applicable if you are happy with firm or insurance

Of course, waiting does run the risk of losing an available place through clearing, so I really would consider all of your options. Are the offers dramatically different, do you think you stand a good chance of getting your firm?

Good luck, let me know if there's anything about Bournemouth you'd like to know :-)
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending