The Student Room Group

Law Clearing & Adjustment 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Tinders
@harrysbar it now says on York's website that they only have places for international students. Just for your information.

https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/search?q=law&level=undergraduate

Ah thanks :smile:
At Exeter for international students there's clearing for law with BCC requirement and for home students it's law with business at Penryn campus with requirement BBB.
Reply 22
Here is a list of some popular unis that have vacancies for the LLB in Clearing on A level results day. I have only listed the unis who are giving their requirements in terms of A level grades but there are many others who state their requirements in terms of UCAS points.

Aberdeen ABB not accepting applications from Scottish or EU students

Aston BCC

Birmingham has vacancies for international students only at around AAA.

Bristol has vacancies for international students only at A*AA or A*A*B &LNAT
Alternative courses for home students include History at AAA (ABB contextual)

Buckingham BBB-BBC

Cardiff AAB-ABB

City ABB-BBB

Dundee currently has vacancies for English/NI/Welsh students only AAB

Durham - not in Clearing & Adjustment

East Anglia AAB/ABB

Essex BBB

Exeter had vacancies in early Clearing for international students only at their main campus at BBC or equivalent. They also had Law with Business vacancies at their smaller campus in Cornwall (Penryn) at BBB for UK/EU students but these were filled before A level results day.

Goldsmiths ABB

Huddersfield (BBB or equivalent UCAS points)

Hull around BBB but call the Clearing Hotline to discuss

Keele BBB/ABC

Kent ABB

Kings A*A*A call admissions on +44 (0)20 3858 1050 for possible Adjustment otherwise consider an alternative course

Lancaster AAB for LLB Law or BBB for BA Criminology with Law

ULaw BBB

Leicester BCC

Manchester AAA/AAB contextual

Newcastle ABB on results day

Nottingham AAB plus LNAT

Nottingham Trent BBB

Oxford Brookes BCC-CDD contextual

QMUL around AAA but places filled by mid morning

Queens Belfast BBB/ABC

Reading offer given at ACD

Royal Holloway CCC

Sheffield had vacancies at ABB (now filled)

Southampton ABB

Surrey ABB-BBB

Sussex BCC

Swansea - around BBB but phone the Clearing hotline to discuss

Warwick do not have vacancies for Law but they do have alternative vacancies such as History or English at BBB

York - LLB vacancies for international students only at AAB. Alternative courses for home students with ABB include History, English & Philosophy
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by harrysbar
Here is some Clearing news as of 6th July but it is likely to change as we get closer to A level results day. In particular, details about grade requirements will appear on or shortly before A level results day. If you hear of any other unis with vacancies for Law please let me know so I can add them to the list:

Nottingham will announce vacancies shortly before A level results day for UK/EU students. International Clearing is already open for people with AAA/36 who must have taken the LNAT

Bristol uni LLB currently only advertising vacancies for International students with LNAT plus A*AA/A*A*B or IB 38 points overall with 18 at Higher Level

York - vacancies for international students only at AAB

Exeter LLB Law with Business vacancies in Clearing at their smaller campus in Cornwall (Penryn) at BBB/30 for UK/EU students. For international students they have LLB Law vacancies at the main campus at BCC or equivalent

Sussex - have vacancies but A level requirement tbc on 11th August (IB at least 28 overall)

Birmingham, Cardiff, City, Kent, Lancaster, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle,Sheffield, SOAS, Southampton,Surrey, Swansea, UEA, Warwick - have announced vacancies & are asking people to phone Admissions/fill out a form of interest

Interesting. The unis are the bottom - have they just advertised but not given out any more info like grades?

Also I think QMUL is on the UCAS vacancies list but I could be wrong, I’m very tired😂
Reply 24
Original post by Euphoria101
Interesting. The unis are the bottom - have they just advertised but not given out any more info like grades?

Also I think QMUL is on the UCAS vacancies list but I could be wrong, I’m very tired😂

The unis at the bottom are being vague about grades, like Liverpool said ABB for Law but also said anyone with BBB should phone them :confused:

And QMUL annoyed me because they are making people give them personal information before joining their "chat" (was going to ask about grades) so I'm sulking with them (yes I'm tired & grumpy).

Have reluctantly added them to the list now :smile:
Bruh I just typed up a whole paragraph and it deleted??

Anyway I was saying that a while ago before I decided to take out another gap year, I was gonna reject my firm because they weren’t saying anything about policies for private candidates. I contacted some unis and birmingham and Kent in particular were both very encouraging and said I should apply through extra. Ofc Extra and clearing are different, and Extra is flowed now obviously so take it all with a pinch of salt!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 26
Bruh I just typed up a whole paragraph and it deleted??

Anyway I was saying that a while ago before I decided to take out another gap year, I was gonna reject my firm because they weren’t saying anything about policies for private candidates. I contacted some unis and birmingham and Kent in particular were both very encouraging and said I should apply through extra. Ofc Extra and clearing are different, and Extra is flowed now obviously so take it all with a pinch of salt!

It's a good sign that they reacted like that, it sounds like they probably will be flexible with people
It's a good sign that they reacted like that, it sounds like they probably will be flexible with people

Yeah, don’t wanna give false hope so again take it with a pinch of salt (is that even a saying?) but they were very sweet

I wasn’t surprised about Kent but birmingham shocked me.
Reply 28
Yeah, don’t wanna give false hope so again take it with a pinch of salt (is that even a saying?) but they were very sweet

I wasn’t surprised about Kent but birmingham shocked me.

Birmingham used to give out a lot of unconditional offers but stopped doing that this year so possibly they attracted fewer good applicants than normal.
Birmingham used to give out a lot of unconditional offers but stopped doing that this year so possibly they attracted fewer good applicants than normal.

Omg YES throwback to their unconditionals I don’t think anyone in my year that applied that got one even firmed them😂😂😂
Reply 30
Omg YES throwback to their unconditionals I don’t think anyone in my year that applied that got one even firmed them😂😂😂

They were so controversial .....never could quite make my own mind up about them
Reply 31
Interested to know which allUniversities are in clearing for law
Reply 32
Original post by Afazak
Interested to know which allUniversities are in clearing for law

I have listed a lot of them in post 23. For the full list including smaller institutions you will have to look on the UCAS website
Reply 33
I have listed a lot of them in post 23. For the full list including smaller institutions you will have to look on the UCAS website

I was predicted 36 but got only 25 ib points.will any university accept me
Reply 34
Original post by Afazak
I was predicted 36 but got only 25 ib points.will any university accept me

Sorry to hear that you have been disappointed by your IB results. I'm sure that you will be able to find a uni to accept you but you may have to rethink which ones you apply to in Clearing.

I'm not too familiar with how IB scores translate into UCAS points but someone else may know or you could work out your points by using this UCAS tariff calculator. If you can work out your UCAS points and let us know that would make it easier for people to suggest unis for you to contact

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
Reply 35
It has been confirmed that A level Autumn exams will run thoughout October - they will not count as resits

https://www.jcq.org.uk/jcq-announces-examination-dates-for-the-autumn-2020-series/
Are there any courses available in Warwick via clearing that isnt with a language?
Original post by futurelawtrainee
Are there any courses available in Warwick via clearing that isnt with a language?

I swear I saw Law with sociology? Could be wrong!
Reply 38
I swear I saw Law with sociology? Could be wrong!

Law with Sociology is showing up on the UCAS site but it's a BA not an LLB. I'm only listing LLB courses on this list.

I can't see Law with Sociology on Warwick's own website, only Sociology which it says can be combined with modules from other departments. If in doubt, the best thing is to check directly with Warwick Admissions @futurelawtrainee

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Law&studyYear=2020&destination=Undergraduate&vacancy=eng&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&pageNumber=10&sort=MostRelevant&clearingPreference=CoursesInClearing
(edited 3 years ago)
Dear All,

Hope you are all doing well! Some law courses at Oxford Brookes University have places available in clearing, according to the university website. If anyone would be interested, I will link to these courses on the website to view further information. :smile:

Oxford Brookes Clearing: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/clearing/

LLB Law: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/law

Law with Business: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/law-with-business
Law with Criminology: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/law-with-criminology

Business and Law: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/business-and-law
Criminology and Law: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/criminology-and-law

I hope these will be of use. If anyone has any questions, then please do feel free to ask and we would be more than happy to help! :smile:

All the best,

Shaf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending