The Student Room Group

French at university

I do French a-level and am looking for which uni course to apply for next year. I don't want to stop learning French completely, but I am not interested in learning about French history and politics I would rather just strengthen my fluency in the language. Do you think that I should continue French in uni (like doing a business studies with French course) or just continue French in my own time and do a normal uni course?
Reply 1
There may be opportunities to take language classes on the side at your uni. If your aim is just learning the language then taking the course at uni probably isn't a good idea but you should look into the course content and decide for yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
There may be opportunities to take language classes on the side at your uni. If your aim is just learning the language then taking the course at uni probably isn't a good idea but you should look into the course content and decide for yourself.

I'll look into it, thank you!!
Reply 3
In that case I’d recommend looking at joining the French societies at your university and/or any language clubs
Reply 4
You might enjoy a course such as BA French and Russian, Russian being ab initio.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending