The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach vacancies July, Sept and Nov 2020

Edit:
3rd recruitment campaign is open! (November)

Edit:
2nd recruitment campaign is open now! (September)
________

Just to let everyone know, DWP have opened external Work Coach vacancies with 1000 jobs being advertised for London alone.

There is a current national drive so if you are interested please do have a look.

The London listings are due to close on Wednesday 8th July, so if you are interested don't delay!

Leave a comment if you need help or advice - best of luck :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It seems as though it would be for 12months on a fixed term contract. Would you say its worth applying still. I'm looking to move out of retail and its definitely going to provide me with some talking points. Would internal vacancies be available to those joining the civil service on a 12 month contract?
Reply 2
Original post by Has24
It seems as though it would be for 12months on a fixed term contract. Would you say its worth applying still. I'm looking to move out of retail and its definitely going to provide me with some talking points. Would internal vacancies be available to those joining the civil service on a 12 month contract?

After 6 months probation you are eligible to move internally through CSJobs, there are a lot more jobs listings available once you are in (across government).

I can't guarantee the 12 month FTA will be extended or made permanent - but it has been the status quo for awhile that the vacancies are listed FTA and people find themselves made permanent.

We have expected redundancies to come in after furlough ends, large caseloads and brexit around the corner - the future is uncertain at the moment.

There are great opportunities to forge a successful career in the CS, getting your foot in the door is key
Original post by alf.
Just to let everyone know, DWP have opened external Work Coach vacancies with 1000 jobs being advertised for London alone.

There is a current national drive so if you are interested please do have a look.

The London listings are due to close on Wednesday 8th July, so if you are interested don't delay!

Leave a comment if you need help or advice - best of luck :smile:

Hi, I'm currently an AO and I've applied for the internal EO job vacancy. As a lot has changed in terms of behaviours and strengths since i interviewed for my role. I just wanted to know if you have an insight on to anything really, I know the behaviours are similar to competency based questions and there's three listed in the post. But in terms of strength based questions I'm not really sure what to prep/what to expect. If you could reply here or even DM that would be great :smile:
I applied for the EO role for DWP. Had my interview on Sunday. I don’t feel like the interview went well. I was so nervous! Have to just wait and see now though. Annoyed at myself as DWP hardly ever have vacancies and if I don’t make it this time I might be waiting a while before I get another opportunity.

I’m currently an AO for HMRC. Not sure if I done well enough to progress to EO yet.
Hi I applied for the London one. Has anyone received a interview yet? Getting a little worried now as it’s been 10 days and still haven’t heard back.
I applied about 2 weeks ago for London and have not heard back yet. I assumed that I have not got through.
Same I’m assuming I haven’t got it as I applied on the 8th and still not received an invitation to interview....
Reply 8
I applied on the 9th of July and haven’t heard anything but I assume with the volume of applications they will be receiving due to redundancies etc. It may take longer than usual. Hopefully they get back to everyone soon 😬😬😬
Reply 9
Original post by Pegleg02
I applied on the 9th of July and haven’t heard anything but I assume with the volume of applications they will be receiving due to redundancies etc. It may take longer than usual. Hopefully they get back to everyone soon 😬😬😬

I hope they do get back to everyone,it would be awful not knowing.It just says application received.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi is there anyone on here that’s heard back from London recruitment? I also applied for the one that closed on the 8th.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
I applied for London, haven't heard back
Yeah I applied on the 8th for london. I keep checking everyday just says “application received” I’ve heard most people recieved a interview after a few days but I’ve heard nothing... fingers crossed we hear something soon. The wait is long and very frustrating....
Reply 13
To both of you... yes it’s very frustrating. I’ve emailed the recruitment details on the advert, So hopefully Find out soon if they are still sifting.
Reply 14
Original post by Lusoli
I applied for London, haven't heard

To both of you... yes it’s very frustrating. I’ve emailed the recruitment details on the advert, So hopefully Find out soon if they are still sifting.
Reply 15
Original post by Annhay

Brave one
Hey has anyone heard back for London? I scored better than 73% in CSJT and better than 71% in the verbal test - I thought this was good but not heard anything 🥺
Reply 17
Original post by chloesmccl
Hey has anyone heard back for London? I scored better than 73% in CSJT and better than 71% in the verbal test - I thought this was good but not heard anything 🥺

No same, from what I’ve been reading on here no one has heard back from the London recruitment So far, although this is a very small percentage of the overall applications.
Reply 18
Hi Good news
I’ve had an email back from HR in Newcastle this morning to say the London recruitment is still at sift stage. Good luck everyone!
Does anyone know if we are unsuccessful whether we will be told? Does the application received update? Has anyone heard back from the Cardiff area?

Latest

Trending

Trending