The Student Room Group

Hanging things on bedroom wall with no damage

I am moving into my second year accommodation soon and the room I am going to live in doesn't have a pinboard. As well as a pinboard there are other things I would want to hang/place on my walls. However I was already warned not to use blue tac by my housing agency as it leaves marks. I obviously cannot create any holes in my room either and wouldn't want to use tape that takes off the paint. Therefore I was wondering if there was any way that I could decorate my room by hanging things on my wall without leaving any damages as I don't want money to be take out of my deposit.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Have you ever heard of command strips? They have some of those with hooks on them.
Its like a hook to put on your wall, but it can be easily peeled off. They also dont leave any sort of residue behind, so I highly suggest them.
Reply 2
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Have you ever heard of command strips? They have some of those with hooks on them.
Its like a hook to put on your wall, but it can be easily peeled off. They also dont leave any sort of residue behind, so I highly suggest them.

I have heard of those, but how reliable are they? In one video I watched with command strips I saw that it can damage the walls if not removed properly.
Reply 3
Original post by Latusi
I have heard of those, but how reliable are they? In one video I watched with command strips I saw that it can damage the walls if not removed properly.

They are quite reliable. On the packaging, it should say how much weight each hook can hold :smile:
Hm, Ive never had an experience of them damaging the walls. All it takes is just peeling them off the wall, so Im not exactly sure how you can mess that up :lol:
Reply 4
Original post by LovelyMrFox
They are quite reliable. On the packaging, it should say how much weight each hook can hold :smile:
Hm, Ive never had an experience of them damaging the walls. All it takes is just peeling them off the wall, so Im not exactly sure how you can mess that up :lol:

ok thank you, you made it sound quite reliable :smile:
Original post by Latusi
ok thank you, you made it sound quite reliable :smile:

Maybe test them at home first to check
We weren't allowed command strips in the flat I stayed in because they can sometimes mark the walls still.
Original post by Latusi
I am moving into my second year accommodation soon and the room I am going to live in doesn't have a pinboard. As well as a pinboard there are other things I would want to hang/place on my walls. However I was already warned not to use blue tac by my housing agency as it leaves marks. I obviously cannot create any holes in my room either and wouldn't want to use tape that takes off the paint. Therefore I was wondering if there was any way that I could decorate my room by hanging things on my wall without leaving any damages as I don't want money to be take out of my deposit.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :smile:

Does it have a wardrobe? You can use white tack on wood/laminate without damage.
get some command strips or hooks from b and m if you have one. I have really heavy stuff hanging off of them and they haven't fell off.
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
Does it have a wardrobe? You can use white tack on wood/laminate without damage.

I didn't think of that but yes I have a wardrobe and also the bathroom door is wooden. Thanks for the suggestion
Reply 9
Original post by AzureCeleste
Maybe test them at home first to check
We weren't allowed command strips in the flat I stayed in because they can sometimes mark the walls still.

I think I will do just that, I actually have B&M next to my house :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending