The Student Room Group

Airers in bathroom at Exeter Uni

On the moving in checklist for Exter Uni it says no clothes airers in bedrooms. Does this mean I'm not allowed it in my ensuite bathroom aswell or just in the bedroom? If so, where else can I hang towels and things up to dry?
Original post by _d_muffin
On the moving in checklist for Exter Uni it says no clothes airers in bedrooms. Does this mean I'm not allowed it in my ensuite bathroom aswell or just in the bedroom? If so, where else can I hang towels and things up to dry?

Hey! To be honest, although it is university policy not to dry clothes in bedrooms (understandably so, as the rooms are all relatively small and damp/mold could become a problem), these sorts of things are not strictly enforced. I imagine it would be unlikely that they would confiscate airers used solely to dry towels, so I think you'd be alright to do so. That being said, en suites are all equipped with hooks and/or towel rails with this in mind, so you shouldn't need to bring an airer specifically for that purpose. I was in East Park and there was both a hook and a towel rail in my en suite so I didn't need an airer.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Nina
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hey! To be honest, although it is university policy not to dry clothes in bedrooms (understandably so, as the rooms are all relatively small and damp/mold could become a problem), these sorts of things are not strictly enforced. I imagine it would be unlikely that they would confiscate airers used solely to dry towels, so I think you'd be alright to do so. That being said, en suites are all equipped with hooks and/or towel rails with this in mind, so you shouldn't need to bring an airer specifically for that purpose. I was in East Park and there was both a hook and a towel rail in my en suite so I didn't need an airer.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Nina
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending