The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't see why not with those Biology and Chemistry grades, as they're the ones which will count.

You could probably get that maths module up a bit with a resit too... :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I don't think Imperial use UMS marks .... they certainly can't get the exact mark from UCAS - which is why the CAF has a separate form for you to fill in.
Reply 3
but what bout module grades? do they ask to see them? or is it just predicted grades they see and declared AS results?
Reply 4
For 2008 entry they could see them (because you put them on your UCAS form) but they said they wouldn't use them in the selection process. Don't really have a clue about 2009 entry though.
Reply 5
sunspoon
For 2008 entry they could see them (because you put them on your UCAS form) but they said they wouldn't use them in the selection process. Don't really have a clue about 2009 entry though.

but my school doesn't declare any grades and puts them all as "pending". Is that not allowed anymore?
Reply 6
I wouldn't know because I'm not the one applying.
Reply 7
Medicine Man
but my school doesn't declare any grades and puts them all as "pending". Is that not allowed anymore?

Hang on, so your school fills your UCAS form out for you? Is it a private school?
Reply 8
so would it be stated on the ucas site or something?
Reply 9
Have you checked?
sunspoon
Hang on, so your school fills your UCAS form out for you? Is it a private school?

no, they don't literally fill it out for us, they just help us with it (noting OTT though)
And no, i go to a state grammar
so if you are carrying a subject on to A2 - do you have to put your AS grades down - atleast what you've got?
sunspoon
Have you checked?

oh i checked
you have to state them for AS (not necessarily your module grades i think!)
but not for A2
Reply 13
Medicine Man
oh i checked
but not for A2

lol The reason you don't have to state them for A2 is because you won't have sat the exam yet.
sunspoon
lol The reason you don't have to state them for A2 is because you won't have sat the exam yet.

no
but you would have sat some AS modules see, so I wasn't sure if those had to be stated. :p:
Reply 15
Medicine Man
oh i checked
but not for A2

I've been told that for 2009 entry Imperial won't look at module grades/ UMS, they're going to start to by 2010/11 entry - though I'm not 100% sure
Reply 16
Well, you've found your answer then. If the UCAS website says you have to state your AS grades, I'd put the module grades down too. Thats what I did when I applied.
All the module grades are on UCAS... Imperial could see them If they wanted to, but I don't think they said they would specifically.
oh thats fine - then all I have to put down will be AS Critical thinking (phew) - thats not even a proper AS! Got an A but its pretty pointless!
? I'm pretty sure you have to put all your module grades down, aswell as the overall cashed in grade.

That's what I did anyways.

Latest

Trending

Trending