The Student Room Group

What grade will i need in each module for a 1st

My university grade weighting is 33% 2nd year and 67% third year (really wished this was higher)

I studied 6 modules in 2nd year and the lowest scoring module is eliminated from grading
Corporate finance 59.5, international management 56, Business economics 62, International marketing and supply logistics 67, Research methods 42.5

I have 3 months left of my final year at university and already completed 2 modules / 5 (1 being dissertation which equates to 40 credits double a single module)
in the 2 modules i have graded 62.5 and 65.

Am i correct in saying i need a 61 in my 3 remaining modules for a 2.1 and 82 in each for a 1st?
Hi there,

If your university only uses your third year grades to finalise your grade, then yes, as you calculated, you need to achieve at least 61 in the 3 remaining modules to achieve a 2:1 or at least 82 in the 3 remaining modules to achieve a 1st.

Now I know it's quite stressful, but I also want to remind you that the employers won't just be looking at your grades when examining your CV. You could still be an amazing applicant, if you achieved a 2:2 in your degree yet have so many work experiences and skills that make you distinct from all the other applicants, some who may have achieved a 1st yet have no experience at all. And remember network and be yourself. If you can show that your a likeable individual to your future employer, you've made it!

Good luck.

Regards,
Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending