The Student Room Group

masters application and undergraduate modules

hi all,

i'm a little confused about undergraduate grading and how grades are perceived by masters programs

at my university, the first and second year grades are derived from the highest 90 credits

when applying for a masters program, do i have to include the grades achieved in the lower 30 credits? and if so, let's say the grades achieved in these lower modules aren't grade (e.g. 2:2), but my overall grade, excluding these modules, is around 70%, would this harm my application?

thanks
Original post by coicoi
hi all,

i'm a little confused about undergraduate grading and how grades are perceived by masters programs

at my university, the first and second year grades are derived from the highest 90 credits

when applying for a masters program, do i have to include the grades achieved in the lower 30 credits? and if so, let's say the grades achieved in these lower modules aren't grade (e.g. 2:2), but my overall grade, excluding these modules, is around 70%, would this harm my application?

thanks

Most Masters applications will require you to provide a complete transcript, regardless of how your overall classification or GPA/AWM is derived.

The short answer is that weak grades might be of concern, but the uni will look at the overall context, e.g. is there a general upward/downward trend, are the modules directly relevant etc.

If you meet the overall requirement and anything subject/module specific, then I would not let it dissuade you from applying.

(I work in postgrad admissions.)
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Most Masters applications will require you to provide a complete transcript, regardless of how your overall classification or GPA/AWM is derived.

The short answer is that weak grades might be of concern, but the uni will look at the overall context, e.g. is there a general upward/downward trend, are the modules directly relevant etc.

If you meet the overall requirement and anything subject/module specific, then I would not let it dissuade you from applying.

(I work in postgrad admissions.)

thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending