The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
there are post boxes outside the buildings, i was in Stanage last year and didn't really have a problem with packages as the postman rang the bell to see if anyone was in. If no one's in, you can collect the package from the sorting office which is up a massive hill or ask them to redeliver or ask them to send it to the nearest post office (broomhill) and pick it up from there.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
pineapplesquish
there are post boxes outside the buildings, i was in Stanage last year and didn't really have a problem with packages as the postman rang the bell to see if anyone was in. If no one's in, you can collect the package from the sorting office which is up a massive hill or ask them to redeliver or ask them to send it to the nearest post office (broomhill) and pick it up from there.

:ditto:

the hill to the sorting office is fun (!) haha
Reply 3
Yeah, most University accomodation rejects parcels and you get a little post office collection slip.
Oh no, so every 3 months ill be making a harsh uphill trek then it seems! Can't wait!
Reply 5
I order quite a lot books and stuff from places like amazon/play.com etc, so i'll be making the uphill trek quite often aswell by the looks of it.
Reply 6
When I was in halifax they used to jsut drop parcles off at reception, and then at dinnner there would be a parcel list up on the wall with names on for people who had recieved some.
Reply 7
there are worse hills. the one from ranmoor up to the carvery has a particularly horrible place in my mind. and i realise freshers wont know what ranmoor is. thats so depressing!
Reply 8
citylover
there are worse hills. the one from ranmoor up to the carvery has a particularly horrible place in my mind. and i realise freshers wont know what ranmoor is. thats so depressing!

Nah there are still some remnants of it. Ranmoor annexe still exists.
citylover
there are worse hills. the one from ranmoor up to the carvery has a particularly horrible place in my mind

one of the roads off springvale rd is so steep it has a handrail to help people get up it, lol
Ah so whats the walk like from Endcliffe Village to the campus? Hilly?
Reply 11
EatingOnlyApples
Ah so whats the walk like from Endcliffe Village to the campus? Hilly?

Downhill on the way to uni, which is fine. It's uphill on the way back in the wind and rain which will be the problem :p:
Reply 12
james99
Downhill on the way to uni, which is fine. It's uphill on the way back in the wind and rain which will be the problem :p:

So very, very true lol. Don't forget when its snowing though. Nightmare!
james99

I often had a nap on the sofas in the union when I finished lectures at 6pm because I didnt have the energy to walk back on a slight incline in the dark and rain :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending