The Student Room Group

Essay competitions/academic essays QUESTION (Economics)

This may be a silly question but I don't really have much experience in writing university-level academic essays :P

I just finished writing my first draft for an economics essay competition and I was just wondering... what should I do next to finalise the essay? Everyone talks about first, second and even third drafts when it comes to these things, but I am quite stuck as to how people advance from each of these. I know I should check for silly mistakes and grammar, but apart from that, what else is there to do? I'm pretty sure the argument is clear and there is quite a lot of content, so I'm kind of stuck as to how else I should change it.

Also could anyone recommend any grammar/plagiarism checking websites I could use?

Thanks in advance
Check if you could add more detail or expand in that knowledge. I did a law essay competition and they gave me feedback and although I wasnt lacking, their feedback told me to explore the areas I talk about in a different way - like more philosophical so maybe look at your points in a different perspective. Grammarly is what I use for grammar and you dont need plagiarism checking the website as long as you reference correctly
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
Check if you could add more detail or expand in that knowledge. I did a law essay competition and they gave me feedback and although I wasnt lacking, their feedback told me to explore the areas I talk about in a different way - like more philosophical so maybe look at your points in a different perspective. Grammarly is what I use for grammar and you dont need plagiarism checking the website as long as you reference correctly

Okay, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest