The Student Room Group

What is the cheapest puppy dog?

Hi,Ive always wanted to get a puppy but I dont have much money to buy one I just wanted to know the price of getting a puppy and where I could buy one.Thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
One you can adopt from a shelter. Doesn't have to be a puppy either.
Try a rescue dog, many dogs including puppies that people can't be bothered to look after end up there. Usually only an admin charge. Look at Battersea dogs home and the Dogs Trust.
dogs don't come cheap - you need to feed them, insure them, pay for vets, pay to board them if you don't take them on holiday, plus collars/leads/harnesses/bowls/brushes. I could go on ...
A dog requires a huge commitment in terms of time and money. It doesn’t seem like you’re ready for one yet.
were you not also wanting to move out at 18 or something? sounds like you've got enough on your plate lol
Kind of sounds like you're firmly in 'cannot afford to buy and keep a puppy' territory i'm afraid. As others have said, unless you have the money for all it's toys, training stuff, insurance and vet bills upfront, don't do it.
I agree with the others above. If you don't have much money to buy one, then it is very likely you will not be able to afford its care. A dog will cost thousands over its lifetime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending