The Student Room Group

Government Policy Profession Policy Advisor HEO

Hi,
I have just recently come across a job advert for a Policy Advisor within the Policy Profession (cross department opportunities) and would like to know if anyone is currently applying and/or heard back from them regarding an interview.
Also how have you found the process so far ?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Moved this thread to the Public Sector section where you may get more of a response from those interested in Civil Service positions :smile:
Original post by LDLaw
Hi,
I have just recently come across a job advert for a Policy Advisor within the Policy Profession (cross department opportunities) and would like to know if anyone is currently applying and/or heard back from them regarding an interview.
Also how have you found the process so far ?

Thanks

I have applied but not heard anything back yet. Found it all ok- the tests I passed but didn't do amazing and then after that it is just 1000 word statement really.
Hia I just received an interview invite today and sent in my application about a week ago
Original post by blueberrysro
Hia I just received an interview invite today and sent in my application about a week ago

well done!

I got rejected- would you be able to share how you wrote your 1000 words - did you use individual examples in the STAR method for each of the points?

Also, do you have a background in policy?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by stevent1995
well done!

I got rejected- would you be able to share how you wrote your 1000 words - did you use individual examples in the STAR method for each of the points?

Also, do you have a background in policy?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sure I'll DM you
I was just wondering if anyone has managed to actually book an interview? Everytime I log on it says all the slots are full :/
I’m in the process of applying I just past my tests and now need to do statement
hey stumbled across this too but was just wondering if a recent graduate could apply for an HEO position? or is an EO grade what I should be aiming for instead? thanks

congrats! I just stumbled across these too and was wondering if a recent graduate like me should aim for policy adviser roles at EO grade instead? do you have experience in policy too?
No go for it you can apply for any grade good luck
Original post by trixytwix27
congrats! I just stumbled across these too and was wondering if a recent graduate like me should aim for policy adviser roles at EO grade instead? do you have experience in policy too?

Thanks and I've none whatsoever. So I'd say to go for it as they're not actually asking for policy experience on the essential criteria!
Reply 12
HEO grade is graduate level.

EO is actually below graduate level.

That is correct. You do not need to be from a policy background to apply. You just need to demonstrate you can be analytical.and give recommendations.

Remember to choose your preferred departments. Good luck. This is the biggest campaign I have seen outside of Fast Stream.
Thanks and I've none whatsoever. So I'd say to go for it as they're not actually asking for policy experience on the essential criteria!

thanks, thats my application been submitted! out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to hear an interview offer from them? and did u finally manage to book an interview?
Original post by trixytwix27
thanks, thats my application been submitted! out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to hear an interview offer from them? and did u finally manage to book an interview?

Nice one! Took just over a week to hear anything and then about 2 days of refreshing the web page before any interview slots opened up. Good luck!
I submitted yesterday for HEO will let you know if I hear anything
So I have a question for you guys, especially anyone that has interviewed with the Civil Service before. Do you think it'll okay to reuse one or any of my STAR examples from my personal statement in my interview? I'm not sure if they'll have even read it themselves and it seems a shame to waste a good example...
Reuse them all they assume you would be as you don’t have enough word count and the believe you will use same examples and expand on them further
Original post by Anisablue
Reuse them all they assume you would be as you don’t have enough word count and the believe you will use same examples and expand on them further

Thank-you!
By the way the person that is interviewing would not have been the one that read your examples they do not know anything about You other than your name

Quick Reply

Latest