The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Ski Trip

Can anyone let me know if Loughborough do an annual student ski trip, plus who to contact to find out more?

Any other information like previous locations, when it usually takes place, and if you have to be a member of the ski or snow sports club to take part, would be useful :smile:

Thank you
I know some science professors at L'bro, BUT, your well meant question is looking slightly irrelevant this year as there's quite a high likelihood that some aspects of skiing will remain closed this coming winter.

I'm typing this from the alps, and I can still see patchy snow/glaciers at between 3500m to 4600m - I read that ski facilities could open for summer skiing, but they will not.

I think the problem comes from pandemic, indoor crowding, après-ski, and a very high transmission during February 2020. COVID-19 and 0degC, no..
However, if you just wished for snow & exercise, Nordic skiing in Sweden, from village to village - might still go ahead.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous
Can anyone let me know if Loughborough do an annual student ski trip, plus who to contact to find out more?

Any other information like previous locations, when it usually takes place, and if you have to be a member of the ski or snow sports club to take part, would be useful :smile:

Thank you

Hi Anonymous,

Yes we run an annual ski trip and as far as I am aware I believe they went to Val Thorens this year. You do not need to be a member of Loughborough Sno to go, it is open to all, but I think Sno members get priority places.

However, it is very important to note what @LuigiMario has said about the likelihood of skiing going ahead anytime soon. Keep an eye on the government guidelines for all skiing countries and our Students Union website as you will be able to find out more information on the potential ski trip for this year as they get it.

Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending