The Student Room Group

LNAT preparation

Does anyone know how to really start preparing for LNATs? I'm super worried and lost! I'd appreciate if anyone has any ideas, thank you.
@Euphoria101 @Sophie.qoh any advice for OP?
Original post by PetitePanda
@Euphoria101 @Sophie.qoh any advice for OP?

Thanks for the tag:smile:

OP, I'd start off working my way through the free question bank from the Lawyer Portal. They're quite easy, so it's a good starting point and even though it times you, you can go over it and it's fine.

Then I'd recommend Arbitio if you can afford it. It's hard, but very worth it tbh. Also marks an essay for you and has some PS tips.

Then do the official practice papers.
Similar advice really. I found there were plenty of practice questions online. Start by taking your time, get used to the type of texts and question you're likely to see. DO the questions slowly and use any answer guides a site has to understand the reasoning behind each answer. Then you can work on getting faster and build up to doing a timed mock. It's tricky and a bit convoluted at times but stick with it and just keep practising.

For the essay, there are also loads of questions online. You could start by reading some exemplars but remember everyone has their own essay style so don't feel yours is wrong if that's not how the exemplars write. The important thing is to present both sides of the argument. Remember to practice typing essays, working in the time and working to the word count. If you're confident with the format of the essay then it's probably better to write a couple of essays and have someone look at them (maybe a teacher) and then use more of your time to plan as many questions as possible. I found there were often similar concepts in a lot of questions so I learnt to quickly adapt my ideas to suit the context. A quick plan definitely helps when it comes to essays so it's worth practising.

Also, it never hurts to be up to date with current affairs. Reading a decent news site can help you get used to the type of texts you're likely to see in the MCQ and it can make it easier to come up with arguments for the essay.

Finally, it might be of interest to know if your university of choice values the essay of the MCQs more. If you're struggling or short for time etc then this might help you decide where best to spend your time (though I'm aware ideally you'd want to do well in both parts).

Good luck! Do let me know if there is anything else I can help with :smile:
Original post by Euphoria101
Thanks for the tag:smile:

OP, I'd start off working my way through the free question bank from the Lawyer Portal. They're quite easy, so it's a good starting point and even though it times you, you can go over it and it's fine.

Then I'd recommend Arbitio if you can afford it. It's hard, but very worth it tbh. Also marks an essay for you and has some PS tips.

Then do the official practice papers.

I got Arbitio a couple weeks ago and it’s pretty good. Pro Tip: if you sign up to the free trial first and then wait a bit, they should give you a code for 10% off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending