The Student Room Group

COVID-19 is affecting our relationship

My girlfriend still is refusing to come and meet me because of coronavirus. I understand that coronavirus is a scary issue and makes surroundings always a little unpredictable. Although, as ignorant as this sounds, I can’t wait for too long. We don’t know when this will be over and now that Boris has eased most lockdown restrictions then we now have the chance to meet. We aren’t in any of the places that have had spikes as of yet and from what I know, she does not have any medical conditions that could make her more vulnerable to catching it.

On the phone last night, she said “by September, it should be fine”. What about if it remains the same in September or gets worse? We will have that regret of not meeting beforehand and it just makes me a bit fed up but obviously I don’t want her to know that. What would you guys do in this situation?
hey!

i understand where you’re girlfriend is coming from, it’s a scary and unpredictable time.

however, lockdown has eased slightly which gives you the right to meet each other as long as you maintain social distancing.

ultimately, it’s her choice. as long as you stick to social distancing and wear a mask where you need to, there’s no issue with you meeting. however, if she really doesn’t feel comfortable meeting, you can’t blame her. there are other ways you can see each other such as FaceTime etc.

hope everything works out :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend still is refusing to come and meet me because of coronavirus. I understand that coronavirus is a scary issue and makes surroundings always a little unpredictable. Although, as ignorant as this sounds, I can’t wait for too long. We don’t know when this will be over and now that Boris has eased most lockdown restrictions then we now have the chance to meet. We aren’t in any of the places that have had spikes as of yet and from what I know, she does not have any medical conditions that could make her more vulnerable to catching it.

On the phone last night, she said “by September, it should be fine”. What about if it remains the same in September or gets worse? We will have that regret of not meeting beforehand and it just makes me a bit fed up but obviously I don’t want her to know that. What would you guys do in this situation?

I honestly believe you should respect her decision but if your that desperate go to her yard but I do think you should listen to her out of respect 😊

i’d probably try to understand her ngl. it’s a global pandemic this is the time to have empathy as we are all dealing with it different. restrictions have eased but the pandemic has stayed lmao. i’d say this clearly to her once: you want to meet and you are waiting for the go ahead from her. when she feels ready you will be there to reunite.

Until then i’d facetime/text and call.
If you can’t wait then idk find another gf?
Well if u can’t handle being away from her, I know it’s hard but u can’t put others at risk, I mean u could always do a picnic or go on a walk together.
Reply 5
Well if u can’t handle being away from her, I know it’s hard but u can’t put others at risk, I mean u could always do a picnic or go on a walk together.

She literally won’t go out the house
Reply 6
i’d probably try to understand her ngl. it’s a global pandemic this is the time to have empathy as we are all dealing with it different. restrictions have eased but the pandemic has stayed lmao. i’d say this clearly to her once: you want to meet and you are waiting for the go ahead from her. when she feels ready you will be there to reunite.

Until then i’d facetime/text and call.
If you can’t wait then idk find another gf?

We FaceTime every night. Some people here have got the wrong idea and think I am going to force her to come out. Obviously not. I’m not in the position to do that but I am in that unfortunate position where if I feel like I am waiting forever to tell her that it’s not going to work out. That alone scares me.

About finding another girlfriend. If I stumbled across a girl who I began to really like and was willing to go out in public, it would worry me in a way as it would make me want to jump at the opportunity of dating her and dumping my current girlfriend which is just awful. At the end of the day, I have to put myself first.
Yeah just tell her that u want to see her and you’re finding it hard, if she doesn’t compromise at least meeting u once every couple of weeks then just break up with her if u can’t handle it. Other than that all u can do is FaceTime as much as possible really.
I ended up splitting up with my girlfriend for this same reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending