The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Nottingham a good uni for humanities?

Noticed it's gone down by a bit

Is this because of student's opinions ..?
Yeah, the fall in rankings is mainly due to student satisfaction plummeting.

However, this is more related to the fact the University admin really dropped the ball with dealing with COVID-19 and recurring strikes over actual teaching quality diminishing.

I have been there since before the drop in rankings and despite it dropping from the top 10s to now sometimes the 40s, teaching quality and student life have only been improving (at least in my experiences).
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Unfortunately, years of consecutive strikes (and the failure of senior management to listen to lecturers regarding pay and working conditions) have impacted on Nottingham's position in rankings, however this is an issue which is affecting pretty much all universities (including RG) throughout the country. Perhaps Nottingham students are a bit more cynical (I certainly was!) compared to other unis, but the teaching quality is still second to none; I couldn't have asked for more caring and dedicated lecturers throughout my modern languages degree at the uni. Student services leaves a lot to be desired (the IT system can be pretty terrible and everyone knows it!), but I wouldn't personally worry about the rankings, even though it is quite disappointing that my alma meter has fallen quite spectacularly since I began my degree back in 2019.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending