The Student Room Group

is it actually true that our school can see our results one day earlier than us?

is it actually true that our school can see our results one day earlier than us?
so basically, from now on they can legally check our grades ????

Scroll to see replies

Yes they get to know your results before u do they go on the system, I know this because my sixthform had my grades on their computer even before I showed them my results in my envelope. I went to my highschool’s sixthform btw but I know if you’re an external student they don’t, u show them your grades by bringing the documents
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by universalcj

Yes, they have access in order to prepare statistics and press releases etc.

Yes. Your centre has results today. It isn’t every teacher just the exams officer and maybe a couple of others who help in collecting results together ready to give to students. The results don’t get delivered from the exam boards in envelopes:wink:
Original post by Geraldthegoat
Yes they get to know your results before u do they go on the system, I know this because my sixthform had my grades on their computer even before I showed them my results in my envelope. I went to my highschool’s sixthform btw but I know if you’re an external student they don’t, u show them your grades by bringing the documents

I'm not an external student so does it mean that I'm legitimate to ask for my results today????
Original post by PQ
Yes. Your centre has results today. It isn’t every teacher just the exams officer and maybe a couple of others who help in collecting results together ready to give to students. The results don’t get delivered from the exam boards in envelopes:wink:

then is it possible to check my results by asking the teachers person - to - person according to guidelines?
then is it possible to check my results by asking the teachers person - to - person according to guidelines?

No

They are working under very strict rules and get into huge trouble if they break those rules.

Don’t be mean to your teachers (you might need their help!)
but why? just wait another day like everyone else - we're all nervous
Original post by iiiice-kreem-man
but why? just wait another day like everyone else - we're all nervous

ok I can see that every teacher in my school is as extremely stressful and nervous as me and other students. so I'm gonna ask them anything. but one thing which concerns me the most is our school is so tiny and only have had graduates 2 times and according to exam board not only the results from individual, but also the graduates' result will also be taken into account in order to produce as fair grades as possible.... and go back to my school, all of my school's graduates were super shxx
furthermore, my physics and chemistry teacher haven't conducted any of mock exams. we've just done unit 1 test and that's it !!!!
I really wonder how our school had submitted the sufficient date to be used to evaluate my grades
ok I can see that every teacher in my school is as extremely stressful and nervous as me and other students. so I'm gonna ask them anything. but one thing which concerns me the most is our school is so tiny and only have had graduates 2 times and according to exam board not only the results from individual, but also the graduates' result will also be taken into account in order to produce as fair grades as possible.... and go back to my school, all of my school's graduates were super shxx
furthermore, my physics and chemistry teacher haven't conducted any of mock exams. we've just done unit 1 test and that's it !!!!
I really wonder how our school had submitted the sufficient date to be used to evaluate my grades

I guess you can try asking then. Good luck with your results though!
Teachers can’t tell us our grades even though they’ve got them today but why am I dreading some kind of email like ‘we need to have a chat tomorrow’ and that be a warning about really bad grades? I hate this. I really hate this whole thing.
Original post by Anonymous17!
Teachers can’t tell us our grades even though they’ve got them today but why am I dreading some kind of email like ‘we need to have a chat tomorrow’ and that be a warning about really bad grades? I hate this. I really hate this whole thing.

I am sorry, but you need to be patient. It's only just over 24 hours, after all.
Original post by iiiice-kreem-man
I guess you can try asking then. Good luck with your results though!

thank you for saying this but nah... I don't wanna bother my teachers
Original post by Oxford Mum
I am sorry, but you need to be patient. It's only just over 24 hours, after all.

I dare to say it would be more than 24 h cuz everytime on the result releasing day, the web-site become busy and shut-down due to heavy network traffic
Original post by Oxford Mum

I’m not going to ask them my grades. I was saying that they can’t tell us and I won’t ask, but my head of year could send me an email saying we need to chat tomorrow and that’s bad news. I did mocks in march just before lockdown, and my head of year said that if you did badly in the mocks he would be sending out emails. Well, I got an email and I did very badly, I got BDU, and so I’m just worrying that something similar could happen today. But thanks 😕
I dare to say it would be more than 24 h cuz everytime on the result releasing day, the web-site become busy and shut-down due to heavy network traffic

Which website?
Original post by PQ
Which website?

resultsplus
resultsplus

That doesn’t shut down on results days. It can be a little slow and a lot of candidates lose their login details.
Original post by PQ
That doesn’t shut down on results days. It can be a little slow and a lot of candidates lose their login details.

????? last year the result checking on the website was delayed by one day due to heavy traffic....
Reply 19
PQ is correct. At my school, the only members of staff who will be in possession of the results are a small number of senior management, the sixth form team, and the exams officer. So I won't actually see the results for my class until tomorrow and probably a couple of hours before we hand the results to students, if that. The protocol is really strict and for that small number of people to disclose any grades would be considered serious misconduct.

Quick Reply

Latest