The Student Room Group

Our teachers find out our A-Level results before we do?

So I was under the impression that only certain staff e.g. the exams office people, head of subjects and head of sixth form would have access to our results before us on results day. But now I’m being told that ALL the teachers find out beforehand as well? And that they get the results emailed to them in the morning of results day? Apparently they also pretend not to know your grades if they see you later in the day and they ask you what you got so you can tell them yourself. Is this all true? I’m kind of hoping it’s not lol
I'm not sure but i think it could be highly possible.
Original post by M_A564
So I was under the impression that only certain staff e.g. the exams office people, head of subjects and head of sixth form would have access to our results before us on results day. But now I’m being told that ALL the teachers find out beforehand as well? And that they get the results emailed to them in the morning of results day? Apparently they also pretend not to know your grades if they see you later in the day and they ask you what you got so you can tell them yourself. Is this all true? I’m kind of hoping it’s not lol

Who told you this?
was it someone who helps process results at your sixth form?
Uhhh it definitely could be true but I hope it isn't :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by M_A564

That doesn't happen in my school - only a few key staff will see results. They will be shared later in the day so HODs can support rreviews of marking and analyse results against predictions.

Quick Reply

Latest