The Student Room Group

Year 13s: how are you feeling about getting the grades you need for uni?

This poll is closed

Yr 13s: How are you feeling about getting the grades you need for uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer 21%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer 30%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer 42%
Something else (tell us in the thread)7%
Total votes: 289
A-level results day is getting closer - how are you feeling about it?

Do you think you'll get the grades you need or are you not as confident?

Don't forget we're here to help! Here's our guide to A-level results day and a big list of all our Clearing threads :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
I'm really anxious about my further maths grade still, I thought I'd be able to move past it as time passed but unfortunately that hasn't been working :c
I've ****ed up a decent bit in A-levels. I may not get all A*/A grades, i may only get A*AB grades but that'll be enough for me to go to uni.

I've dreamed since i was small, to skip a year and go to uni at 16. Maybe even start PhD at 19.

After years of struggle I've finally squeaked it out, although I've screwed up thanks to some restricted and intense interests. Grrr, executive function issues.
Original post by justlearning1469
I've ****ed up a decent bit in A-levels. I may not get all A*/A grades, i may only get A*AB grades but that'll be enough for me to go to uni.

I've dreamed since i was small, to skip a year and go to uni at 16. Maybe even start PhD at 19.

After years of struggle I've finally squeaked it out, although I've screwed up thanks to some restricted and intense interests. Grrr, executive function issues.

I've spoken to you in different threads and although I strongly disagree with a lot of your opinions, I hope things go well for you
Original post by Labradoodle1
I've spoken to you in different threads and although I strongly disagree with a lot of your opinions, I hope things go well for you

Thanks. BTW, which opinions do you disagree with me the most? PM me all of them if you want.

Hopefully I'll get a First in a fine university and get to a decent PhD. Preferably before my 20th birthday. Then I'd have completed a lot more of my childhood dreams and exceeded my childhood expectations in other areas (like romance, sports).
Reply 5
I think I'm on the boundaries edge for the requirements of the uni
Reply 6
need bbc, think im getting ccd :s-smilie: not ashamed to admit that i really messed up. i always thought uni was the one path for me but a levels have been a real wake up call, so who knows
Reply 7
Original post by Vic Vinegar
A-level results day is getting closer - how are you feeling about it?

Do you think you'll get the grades you need or are you not as confident?

Don't forget we're here to help! Here's our guide to A-level results day and a big list of all our Clearing threads :smile:

pretty excited. honestly just counting down the days until uni starts lol. I only need a BBB anyways so im pretty much set :smile:
I’m taking a gap year so I don’t even have a requirement of grades to meet but I’m still terrified lol. I wish we didn’t have to wait so long for results day, I just want it to be over with!!
Reply 9
Thanks. BTW, which opinions do you disagree with me the most? PM me all of them if you want.

Hopefully I'll get a First in a fine university and get to a decent PhD. Preferably before my 20th birthday. Then I'd have completed a lot more of my childhood dreams and exceeded my childhood expectations in other areas (like romance, sports).

Jesus, I mean fair play but remember life is pretty long and don't sacrifice life opportunities to chase education.
Original post by BigNeal4
Jesus, I mean fair play but remember life is pretty long and don't sacrifice life opportunities to chase education.

What about chasing childhood dreams? It's been one of mine to skip a year, start uni at 16.
Starting phd before 20... more unrealistic although in statistics and applied fields i have a chance directly from bachelors although I need to see which field interests me the most
3-year phd - apparently quite unrealistic, i don't think i can achieve it but i will try
Original post by Teribblestudent
I’m taking a gap year so I don’t even have a requirement of grades to meet but I’m still terrified lol. I wish we didn’t have to wait so long for results day, I just want it to be over with!!

actually have grades, not great though, as i really screwed up a levels in 2022 (2 years early).

To this day I still regret going for full A-levels and not taking FM when I chose at 14-15 - should've either stuck with a school allowing me to skip a year or self studied and delayed until 1 year early like now.

But it is too late, I am moving forward.
I'm definitely a bit anxious about it. I've luckily managed to get an unconditional offer, but I naturally don't really want to depend on that for a few reasons
Original post by Labradoodle1
I'm really anxious about my further maths grade still, I thought I'd be able to move past it as time passed but unfortunately that hasn't been working :c

It feels like such a long wait to get results doesn't it - hopefully you get the further maths grade you're after :smile:
Original post by Z_GAMER
I think I'm on the boundaries edge for the requirements of the uni

Fingers crossed!
Original post by mel_19
need bbc, think im getting ccd :s-smilie: not ashamed to admit that i really messed up. i always thought uni was the one path for me but a levels have been a real wake up call, so who knows

Ah no! Have you thought about Clearing? Or have you completely gone off the idea of uni? Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised on results day :smile:
Original post by alexxdossaa
pretty excited. honestly just counting down the days until uni starts lol. I only need a BBB anyways so im pretty much set :smile:

Amazing :smile: You'll have so much fun at uni - where are you going?
Original post by Teribblestudent

Feels like you're waiting forever doesn't it! Your gap year sounds great :biggrin:
Original post by fizzyizzy05
I'm definitely a bit anxious about it. I've luckily managed to get an unconditional offer, but I naturally don't really want to depend on that for a few reasons

Congrats on getting an unconditional offer - takes a bit of the pressure off! Good luck :smile:

if u dont mind me asking why do u wanna go uni at 16?
Original post by Rainyzack
if u dont mind me asking why do u wanna go uni at 16?

I wanted to skip a year since I was little. Even without skipping a year I'd be 17 when starting uni because of differences between systems, so i'm only a year ahead of my usual year.

Go to uni at 16 so I can graduate at 19 and perhaps even start a phd direct from bachelor at 19. It's been a dream of mine for a long time.

Originally at 13-14 I wanted to skip a year and go to uni a year early for challenge?
Now, I just want to move on with life earlier than usual, although the unis I was offered weren't that top but they're still decent. And I will finally have the chance to move on with life earlier than usual, which is what I wanted all along.
As they say, finish what you start. No use yapping about a year skip when you don't try to accomplish it. I grew a pair of balls to defy some of my teachers and some experts here and decided to go for it anyway.

I regret not going to those schools that would've accepted me direct to a level/scottish higher from Y10 equivalent. Considering my performance I had the capability to skip a year, just needed to be more coordinated than OTL.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Vic Vinegar
It feels like such a long wait to get results doesn't it - hopefully you get the further maths grade you're after :smile:

Fingers crossed!

Ah no! Have you thought about Clearing? Or have you completely gone off the idea of uni? Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised on results day :smile:

Amazing :smile: You'll have so much fun at uni - where are you going?

Feels like you're waiting forever doesn't it! Your gap year sounds great :biggrin:

Congrats on getting an unconditional offer - takes a bit of the pressure off! Good luck :smile:

I was on the edge!
the requirements are CCC but I got CCD, still the university accepted me and given me a place!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending