The Student Room Group

3 A level sciences + humanity?

I'm starting my a levels in a few days and I've chosen bio chem physics and psychology. The first 3 subjects, I'm dead set on, however I don't think I should do psychology. I'm interested in Sociology but I already did that in gcses and I want to have at least a little variety in my subjects since I've obviously studied the sciences before also. I don't want to take a difficult subject like history even though I'm interested in it because I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and end up with a mediocre grade. Psychology is too close to sociology and the sciences and I chose it cause it seemed like it would have a relatively lighter workload. Eng Lang seems too boring. I would've taken geography but my college doesn't offer it. Should I take econ? I think I would find it interesting but I'm worried about the workload again. What about law? I don't mind working hard but this year I plan to invest a lot in extra curiculars but at the same time I want to keep my grades up.
Any suggestions?
Do you have any idea as to what you want to study at university; does your (prospective?) sixth form allow students to drop subjects after Year 12; and is your choice of psychology "locked in," or can you switch?
Reply 2
Original post by Carbon Dioxide
Do you have any idea as to what you want to study at university; does your (prospective?) sixth form allow students to drop subjects after Year 12; and is your choice of psychology "locked in," or can you switch?

I want to go the us and I'll probably study econ there and from what I've gathered they like well rounded applicants. If that doesn't work out, definitely med school so sciences are necessary. Yes I can add/ drop subjects up until first week of classes which are probably gonna start in two weeks. Changing subjects after year 12 is acceptable if you don't get your desired grade.

Quick Reply

Latest