The Student Room Group

My school making GCSe grades solely reliant on mocks feels like an injustice

My school gave their CAGs almost completely in line with the mock exams we did back in December. During the mock period, I was going through some personal issues. I didn’t tell any teachers at school because, at the time, I didn’t think that it was worthwhile telling them just for the mock exams. Also, the personal issues weren’t overwhelming but they were still significant enough for my mock exams to be low down on my priority list during the period. Needless to say, my mock results weren’t the best. Now, I have received my GCSE results and it seems like they have been based off my mocks almost completely. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to support the appeal against this? Due to the fact that I didn’t tell anyone about my personal circumstances back in December, there is no written record to support the fact that I was going through a fairly difficult period. Therefore, I’m not sure if they will take my circumstances into account for the appeal, or if they will think I’m just saying it now because I am disappointed with my GCSE results. I would appreciate if anyone has any advice to give regarding my situation.
Unfortunately the only thing you can really appeal against is bias or mistakes in inputting your grades. Unfortunately if you want to change your grade now you will have to look into autumn resits.

Have you got into your desired college/apprenticeship/etc.? If so, GCSEs become more of a stepping stone and as long as you've got passes in English and maths you should be fine for the most part.

Quick Reply

Latest