The Student Room Group

Flopped my GCSEs

I've grown up in the environment of where anything below a 7 is a fail. I've been lucky enough to go to a good grammar school and struggled with the competition and stupid high levels of achievement. Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but it just what it is.

I got my GCSEs yesterday, and got 8,7,7,7,7,6,6,6,5. I'm incredibly upset with them and feel like I haven't really got a good chance of getting in to the uni's I originally planned to (Cambridge, LSE, UCL etc). Those GCSEs are going to be seen as medicore when seen in context of my school as well. Not too sure what to do.

I've seen the 'are my gases good enough for x' but I don't really want to go on them as i'm seeing everyone doing so much better than me and having the same aspirations as me.

Just feel a bit crap as I was really pumped before results day, I was on a Cambridge summer school and had so much fun and thought Cambridge looked achievable if I actually put in the work 0 but now i feel so demotivated.
Hi throwaway788, Don't be disheartened by your results! They are great. I know it can be difficult to focus on a figure, especially when you are surrounded within a competitive environment. Just remember that Universities will focus mainly on your A level result, and this year i'm sure Universities will take your GCSE grades with a pinch of salt. It's about your journey, Russell Group Universities will always look at your process. You will have the opportunity to show your improvement through to A level and you can show your abilities and determination at your interview and within your personal statement.

Best of luck for the future!
Original post by throwaway788
I've grown up in the environment of where anything below a 7 is a fail. I've been lucky enough to go to a good grammar school and struggled with the competition and stupid high levels of achievement. Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but it just what it is.

I got my GCSEs yesterday, and got 8,7,7,7,7,6,6,6,5. I'm incredibly upset with them and feel like I haven't really got a good chance of getting in to the uni's I originally planned to (Cambridge, LSE, UCL etc). Those GCSEs are going to be seen as medicore when seen in context of my school as well. Not too sure what to do.

I've seen the 'are my gases good enough for x' but I don't really want to go on them as i'm seeing everyone doing so much better than me and having the same aspirations as me.

Just feel a bit crap as I was really pumped before results day, I was on a Cambridge summer school and had so much fun and thought Cambridge looked achievable if I actually put in the work 0 but now i feel so demotivated.

BRO IM NOT EVEN JOKING SAME LIKE SAME I WENT TO A GRAMMAR SCHOOL
EVERYONE DID WELL COMPARED TO ME
I GOT 8877777655
AND I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO Cambridge and ucl and now it looks like its not in the picture

Quick Reply

Latest