The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tummy-rumble44
@Peterhouse Admissions Are we likely to see economics invites today?

And English?????
How does everyone think they did on the ELAT ?
Original post by Anonymous
Good morning peterhouse, would you like to send interview for engineering today. Many thanks

You could also write to Father Christmas for this as well (only joking)
Original post by Kerz
I have heard back from all the unis I have applied to now, except Fitz Cam. Looking at last year's spreadsheet, 1st Dec seems the most likely date to find out their decision. *Becomes Michael Ball* 🎼🎵ONE WEEK MORE! 🎵

Lol from a fellow les miserables fan. Here’s what I keep next to my computer and TSR we’ve centre

C2120E28-6D86-4BA0-A1DB-1803F0236570.jpeg Sorry nerve centre.

The day before decisions day I always play one day more on both Oxbridge threads, as it seems to bring good luck
Sidney Sussex said that all candidates for a subject will be informed at the same time (they sent us an email in early November) and while some got the email for my subject, I haven't received anything (two days passed). Should I email the admissions office?
expecting many interview invites today since it's the last day of the week. good luck y'all (and me lol)
Original post by Anonymous
How does everyone think they did on the ELAT ?

Terribly :frown: I'm pretty sure I only got an interview because my PS/reference/written work was good... I've been trying not to ruminate on the test as there's nothing I can do now, but every time Cambridge is mentioned I start thinking about all the extra points I should have made (I ran out of time and had to stop mid sentence)...
Original post by Oxford Mum
Lol from a fellow les miserables fan. Here’s what I keep next to my computer and TSR we’ve centre

C2120E28-6D86-4BA0-A1DB-1803F0236570.jpeg Sorry nerve centre.

The day before decisions day I always play one day more on both Oxbridge threads, as it seems to bring good luck

Aww bless you, you are a special gem:smile:

Original post by 2022entryph
And English?????

Do we need to ask this question every singe day, of every single subject. Isn't it a bit entitled to expect Peterhouse Admissions to update you personally every single day as to their current work timetable? You two couldn't even be arsed with a 'please' or 'thank you' - it really reflects very badly on you.

You will hear when you hear. Please try to show a little more restraint and respect for the rep's workload and time.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by miah...
Hey, yes I have. Are you ready for Monday? I feel like there's not really a way to prepare because it says the lecture is on a random religion and the purpose of the assessment is to see how you think?

Yes. If you are interested in different religions ( as I am sure you are, to get an interview) you should find it interesting and may even find yourself enjoying it! Just really get into it and concentrate rather than worrying about the importance of the interview. Good luck
Original post by Reality Check
Do we need to ask this question every singe day, of every single subject. Isn't it a bit entitled to expect Peterhouse Admissions to update you personally every single day as to their current work timetable?

You will hear when you hear. Please try to show a little more restraint and respect for the rep's workload and time.

Possibly the best Cambridge post ever.

I am very glad my sons were not on the student room and got on with their schoolwork rather than constantly refreshing their emails. In fact my elder son only found out when I was on TSR and found out from me that Exeter college had sent interview invites for German. He never checked his emails because he was dreading a rejection and relied on me to tell him when to look.
Original post by chris01928
Aww bless you, you are a special gem:smile:

Aww I love being called a special gem
Aww I love being called a special gem

:laugh:
Possibly the best Cambridge post ever.

I am very glad my sons were not on the student room and got on with their schoolwork rather than constantly refreshing their emails. In fact my elder son only found out when I was on TSR and found out from me that Exeter college had sent interview invites for German. He never checked his emails because he was dreading a rejection and relied on me to tell him when to look.

Some of them are so bloody rude and entitled. I think some serious thought will need to be given to how this thread is managed next year, to prevent the sort of bratty, repetitious behaviour we've had this year. Do you manage the Oxford one? It doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as this one - what's your secret? :laugh:
Just got my interview invite for churchill natsci phys :biggrin:
Original post by Rinz22
Just got my interview invite for churchill natsci phys :biggrin:

Congrats :smile:
Original post by amethystmoss
Terribly :frown: I'm pretty sure I only got an interview because my PS/reference/written work was good... I've been trying not to ruminate on the test as there's nothing I can do now, but every time Cambridge is mentioned I start thinking about all the extra points I should have made (I ran out of time and had to stop mid sentence)...

Everyone hunks they have done rubbish in their tests and their interviews. Being a bit of an Oxford obsessive, I asked all of the students I met at Oxford if they thought they had got in after the interviews. One hundred per cent said no! And when they first got there, they all thought that Oxford had made a mistake!

This is why you should not worry about interviews, or the admissions tests. Oxbridge supervisors are looking for natural talent and when they spot it, they will know. Even if you get all the answers wrong, you may get a place if they like the way you think.
Everyone hunks they have done rubbish in their tests and their interviews. Being a bit of an Oxford obsessive, I asked all of the students I met at Oxford if they thought they had got in after the interviews. One hundred per cent said no! And when they first got there, they all thought that Oxford had made a mistake!

This is why you should not worry about interviews, or the admissions tests. Oxbridge supervisors are looking for natural talent and when they spot it, they will know. Even if you get all the answers wrong, you may get a place if they like the way you think.

I really enjoyed this typo :biggrin:
Original post by psiguy
thanks for your answer - I'm a natsci applicant so apologies if that was an incoherent mess...

On the contrary, your question and the response will have reassured many people on this thread. Well done

Original post by 2022entryph
And English?????

English is unlikely, Economics is possible.

Latest

Trending

Trending