The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beatriceb1
they don’t get released, i think you just get feedback on your overall application (within that will be your clt grade) if you get rejected. this feedback will be sent to your centre, i.e., whoever administered your application and sent it to ucas

Original post by numnum1111
Do you not get feedback if you get an offer?

We don't provide feedback to offer holders, no. We provide it to applicants (but only if they request it - we do not produce it unless it is requested) who were unsuccessful with the intention of helping them if they choose to reapply the following year and to provide some guidance to schools and referees, especially those with less experience of supporting students through the Cambridge application process.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
We don't provide feedback to offer holders, no. We provide it to applicants (but only if they request it - we do not produce it unless it is requested) who were unsuccessful with the intention of helping them if they choose to reapply the following year and to provide some guidance to schools and referees, especially those with less experience of supporting students through the Cambridge application process.

Really? I asked my interviewers about feedback and they said I can request it after the decision. Was it a hint I am going to be rejected? lol
Could someone explain to me how the summer pool works? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Really? I asked my interviewers about feedback and they said I can request it after the decision. Was it a hint I am going to be rejected? lol

Really no. They're really unlikely to have made their mind up by that point. They most likely meant that you can't request feedback before (or indeed, months after) you receive your decision. It's possible that some colleges would provide feedback to a successful applicant, but I wouldn't count on it and would think it's unlikely that they would. Providing feedback just to unsuccessful applicants is a lot of work!
In our feedback, would we get to know our interview score along with our admissions assessment score?
St Johns Medicine applicant here. Just wondering when I should hear about decisions.
St Johns Medicine applicant here. Just wondering when I should hear about decisions.

25th Jan
Hi guys having a bit of a freakout!
Had my second interview just now cause it was postponed -
was meant to read pre-reading for 30 minutes and then i thought I would be asked questions for 30 minutes as well (as thats the experience I had in the first one), but they said we had run out of time after 20 minutes and hadn't asked me any questions about the pre-reading so now am worried that they just really disliked me and there was no point in continuing the interview. The logical part of my brain says that they def had a lot of interviews today if they had to reschedule so many so likely each one was shorter but like ????? ahhhh

No. There are no hints you need to stress about, just the final decision on 25 January
Original post by cheesetoasties1
was meant to read pre-reading for 30 minutes and then i thought I would be asked questions for 30 minutes as well (as thats the experience I had in the first one), but they said we had run out of time after 20 minutes and hadn't asked me any questions about the pre-reading so now am worried that they just really disliked me and there was no point in continuing the interview. The logical part of my brain says that they def had a lot of interviews today if they had to reschedule so many so likely each one was shorter but like ????? ahhhh

They had probably just run out of time as they said
In our feedback, would we get to know our interview score along with our admissions assessment score?

It depends on the College. We don't give out any scores as standard, although we do give them out if the applicant specifically asks for them. We find that the comments are more useful than a numerical score.
Original post by cheesetoasties1

Or conversely, they really liked you and didn't need to see any more? (I have known this to happen!)

Th point I'm making here is that it's impossible to tell. Interviews run short for lots of reasons. Don't dwell on it, as there's nothing you can do to change things.
Quick question.
Is it a bad sign if a friend who applied to the same college and same course got more follow up questions than I did on the same question? I had more in depth questions at the start whereas they only had an ice breaker question. On the question I am worried at they had two more changes of senators after the points which I stopped. Does this mean that I wasn’t seen as worthy of being pushed further? Or is it likely to be because I had more in depth questions at the start, so there wasn’t any time?
Quick question.
Is it a bad sign if a friend who applied to the same college and same course got more follow up questions than I did on the same question? I had more in depth questions at the start whereas they only had an ice breaker question. On the question I am worried at they had two more changes of senators after the points which I stopped. Does this mean that I wasn’t seen as worthy of being pushed further? Or is it likely to be because I had more in depth questions at the start, so there wasn’t any time?

I simply don't get it. Why is it that most Cambridge applicants here on TSR keep obsessing over the smallest interview details and overanalyzing things? Is this batch of Cambridge applicants such snowflakes who can't even handle some uncertainties?
I simply don't get it. Why is it that most Cambridge applicants here on TSR keep obsessing over the smallest interview details and overanalyzing things? Is this batch of Cambridge applicants such snowflakes who can't even handle some uncertainties?

No need to call them snowflakes, but it has been said countless times by many, stop obessessing over an interview, noone can really tell you what the interviewers were thinking. You've done all that you can already, assume it's a non-issue!

I think it's the waiting. The fact that we've been waiting for a month and have 20 days of waiting ahead of us means we've had a lot of time to overthink. As a result, things that maybe did not even bother us at first started to do so, and I think TSR is also a place where most of the people understand that and can offer some reassurance

No need to berate genuine concern because you already understand that there is no need to be concerned. Instead of making these comments at anon, how about we use this thread for its intended use and say to OP: ' although you may have had different questions, it was at different interviews so you cannot compare them. There is no need to worry as everyone have had different interview due to the nature of panel interview. Best thing to do is focus on your a levels and any other interviews you may have. All the best:smile:"

See look how constructive that was. Learn to be kind:smile:
Anyone applied for English at homerton? I couldn’t find anyone lol
Original post by succubus666
Anyone applied for English at homerton? I couldn’t find anyone lol

I believe there are seperate english and homerton threads on page 1,1st thread
Original post by chris01928
I believe there are seperate english and homerton threads on page 1,1st thread

Thanks I’m in both of them and still no one! Aha thanks anyways

Latest

Trending

Trending