The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tigergirl
Hey! Aw that’s so cool I applied for med! How your application process been going?

Alright I suppose, finding it hard to focus on revising for the NSAA, you?
Original post by highlighters0312
Oh, I'm international so if it was at 7pm it would be like midnight/1am... @Peterhouse Admissions does time difference get taken into account for international applicants interview scheduling? Thanks in advance :smile:

At Peterhouse, we certainly factor it in! We can't guarantee that we can schedule everyone's interviews will be within a certain range of times (usually 8am to 6pm local time) because this won't work for all time zones, but we do our best.

I'd be very surprised if other colleges didn't too, but I don't want to speak for them.
Reply 1582
Hi, I am applying to Cambridge from another university and I am required to submit both my high school transcript and my university transcript. However, as I am a Year 1 student and haven't taken any exams in university, I would be unable to hand in any university transcripts until the end of December. I am wondering if I should submit my high school transcript now despite the SAQ guideline mentioning I should submit the two transcripts as the same file?
Edit: I have sent a few emails to the College I applied to last week, but I haven't received any reply from them. This makes me a bit worried as it is already a few days past the SAQ deadline.
(edited 2 years ago)
hey fellow HSPS applicant here ! (although not at Newnham... sorry :frown:) but similarly to you guys it was sort of a late-ish decision. I'm interested in lots of different things which was why choosing just one or two subjects to do at uni was hard, so likewise stumbling across the HSPS course one day was completely random but perfect. what did you apply for at your other options?

fingers crossed for you guys! best of luck :smile:

Hi, I applied for HSPS last minute too haha! To Corpus Christi though. I applied for Politics and IR everywhere else and I've had two offers back from Queen Mary's and ULIP (Paris) already so I'm really excitied. Do you want to message me and we can do a snapchat group or something?
Original post by Anonymous
Any geography applicants?

Yes, which college have u applied to?
Original post by elleigator
Hi, I applied for HSPS last minute too haha! To Corpus Christi though. I applied for Politics and IR everywhere else and I've had two offers back from Queen Mary's and ULIP (Paris) already so I'm really excitied. Do you want to message me and we can do a snapchat group or something?

Congrats on your offers, I applied for Politics and IR everywhere else too! Sure I’ll PM, I don’t have Snapchat though :frown:
Original post by elleigator

TSR rules prohibit setting up groups outside of the platform to ensure safety of the users. Best to set up a thread. Good luck.
hey fellow HSPS applicant here ! (although not at Newnham... sorry :frown:) but similarly to you guys it was sort of a late-ish decision. I'm interested in lots of different things which was why choosing just one or two subjects to do at uni was hard, so likewise stumbling across the HSPS course one day was completely random but perfect. what did you apply for at your other options?

fingers crossed for you guys! best of luck :smile:

Hi!! Day 2 of me being over-excited about finding other applicants :smile: I applied to KCL Social Sciences, LSE International Social and Public Policy, UCL Sociology, and QMUL Politics and Sociology as my backup. They're all basically combinations of Sociology and some Politics with different names. You can tell my indecisiveness is massive haha but same I genuinely cannot imagine settling for just a single subject, it feels too difficult. The UCL sociology was a shock choice as I wasn't expecting to be able to say just one subject, but I really liked their modules. What about you? Where else have you applied? Good luck to you too, you'll smash your applications!!!
Any Engineering applicants here??
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Please email us!

We (Peterhouse - we can't speak for other colleges here) tend to schedule interviews between 9 and 5 UK time. You'd be really unlucky to get an interview at the one time you can't do, but best not to take the risk!

Original post by izka4455
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that they tend to interview you between 9 am and 7 pm (or 8 pm maybe...something like that), so you should definitely email them.

Original post by Sophiatoffee
Just email - better safe than sorry with these things, and say you did get assigned this day - much more fussy to get it sorted then

Thank you for the advice! I sent Peterhouse admissions an email and they replied that it was noted =)
Original post by Wired_1800
TSR rules prohibit setting up groups outside of the platform to ensure safety of the users. Best to set up a thread. Good luck.

Good idea, I can't figure out how to PM anyway. We'll see if any more HSPS applicants pop up, maybe there's enough of us for a thread :smile:
Original post by bleeblahbleh
Hi!! Day 2 of me being over-excited about finding other applicants :smile: I applied to KCL Social Sciences, LSE International Social and Public Policy, UCL Sociology, and QMUL Politics and Sociology as my backup. They're all basically combinations of Sociology and some Politics with different names. You can tell my indecisiveness is massive haha but same I genuinely cannot imagine settling for just a single subject, it feels too difficult. The UCL sociology was a shock choice as I wasn't expecting to be able to say just one subject, but I really liked their modules. What about you? Where else have you applied? Good luck to you too, you'll smash your applications!!!

Ahh amazing, we have two unis in common! I applied to LSE, UCL, Durham and Bath for Politics and IR. Similarly, I couldn't decide on just one subject so joint honours looked best for me. I thought there wouldn't be many HSPS applicants but I think there's a reasonable stronghold on here, probably because there's so much flexibility it attracts a lot of different students :smile:
Guys - on the Cambridge written work cover sheet it asks you what help you received - what sort of things are they expecting to see there? I'm submitting a French homework essay, the lesson in which it was set our teacher went over topics that we could talk about in our essay. I also used an online dictionary for vocab. Does this count as help and is this what I should write?
Ahh amazing, we have two unis in common! I applied to LSE, UCL, Durham and Bath for Politics and IR. Similarly, I couldn't decide on just one subject so joint honours looked best for me. I thought there wouldn't be many HSPS applicants but I think there's a reasonable stronghold on here, probably because there's so much flexibility it attracts a lot of different students :smile:

I have also applied to study HSPS at Cambridge! Apart from that, I have Politics & Sociology at Warwick and Manchester. And Social Sciences at KCL. I'm holding back one option just in case... :smile:
Any Engineering applicants here??

Yes. My son has applied for Engineering
Original post by bpbxdrm
Yes, which college have u applied to?

Homerton hby?
Original post by hyhks
Hi, I am applying to Cambridge from another university and I am required to submit both my high school transcript and my university transcript. However, as I am a Year 1 student and haven't taken any exams in university, I would be unable to hand in any university transcripts until the end of December. I am wondering if I should submit my high school transcript now despite the SAQ guideline mentioning I should submit the two transcripts as the same file?
Edit: I have sent a few emails to the College I applied to last week, but I haven't received any reply from them. This makes me a bit worried as it is already a few days past the SAQ deadline.

If you’ve missed the SAQ deadline I think your application is invalid…?

@Peterhouse Admissions ?
Original post by Amp242
Yes. My son has applied for Engineering

Which College??
Reply 1599

Thank you for the reply - I have submitted the SAQ by the deadline, and I can still log in and upload a transcript. I am just worried whether there is a clear-cut deadline for transcript submission and whether I have missed it :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending