The Student Room Group

Sixth form

I have two sixth form college choices: College (A) one my parents want me to go to and College (B) one I want to go to. I have visited college A for an interview and I'd rather not go there for a levels. But college B I haven't had the chance to visit because of covid. On the first day of 6th form, will I be able to go to college B, decide whether I like it there or not and decide to not attend the school anymore if I don't (when I'll therefore go to the other college). I need an answer ASAP please.
Reply 1
Personally I stayed in the same school for sixth form but I know people who went to a different sixth form and if they didn't like it they switched back. So I think it would be fine to switch (but it is highly dependant on the school so you could try asking them directly through email or something)

Also why do your parents want you to go to college A over college B?
Reply 2
Original post by m.s124
Personally I stayed in the same school for sixth form but I know people who went to a different sixth form and if they didn't like it they switched back. So I think it would be fine to switch (but it is highly dependant on the school so you could try asking them directly through email or something)

Also why do your parents want you to go to college A over college B?

Thanks for the answer. They want me to go to college A because its a private school and my brother goes there. Thats pretty much the only reason
Reply 3
Original post by jayolo_11
Thanks for the answer. They want me to go to college A because its a private school and my brother goes there. Thats pretty much the only reason

I go to a state school and sometimes wish I had the opportunity to go to a private school as they are more involved with opportunities outside of a level subjects which becomes very useful when applying to unis if that makes sense.
I don't know a lot about private schools so I don't know if they will let you switch so yeah sorry about that
Good luck in deciding
Reply 4
Original post by jayolo_11
I have two sixth form college choices: College (A) one my parents want me to go to and College (B) one I want to go to. I have visited college A for an interview and I'd rather not go there for a levels. But college B I haven't had the chance to visit because of covid. On the first day of 6th form, will I be able to go to college B, decide whether I like it there or not and decide to not attend the school anymore if I don't (when I'll therefore go to the other college). I need an answer ASAP please.

Just go college A , ur parents probs think that college B is full of neeks studing btecs and it prob is.
Reply 5
Original post by Hanjae
Just go college A , ur parents probs think that college B is full of neeks studing btecs and it prob is.

lmao bro ur not even wrong
It's often quite easy to switch colleges/sixth forms, so long as they have room for you. Try going to the sixth form you want if it's a good sixth form where you can take the options you want and that will facilitate your uni/job plans, and only switch if you truly don't like it.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending