The Student Room Group

Has anyone bought from AWD-IT?

I'm looking to buy a gaming PC from them. Has anyone bought from them before?

Scroll to see replies

Heard of CCL Online?
I'm a PC virgin by the way. :colone:
Original post by Gundabad(good)
I'm looking to buy a gaming PC from them. Has anyone bought from them before?

To be honest, I'd stick to building your own PC. You can save hundreds (at times) by doing so. Anyway, I'd like to ask what your budget is so I can give you a more detailed verdict.
Original post by AdamNoahIssa
To be honest, I'd stick to building your own PC. You can save hundreds (at times) by doing so. Anyway, I'd like to ask what your budget is so I can give you a more detailed verdict.

The PC costs £750 pre-built. To get all the parts to built it myself costs £745. That's a difference of only £5!
Not personally but they've always had a solid reputation.

The PC costs £750 pre-built. To get all the parts to built it myself costs £745. That's a difference of only £5!

What's the spec list of the PC you're looking at?

Could you give me some specs for the PC, like the CPU, GPU, RAM, etc?
CPU: Ryzen 3600XT
RAM: 16gb 3200mhz
GPU: GTX 1660s
SSD: 240gb
HDD: 2tb
Original post by AdamNoahIssa
Could you give me some specs for the PC, like the CPU, GPU, RAM, etc?

RAM: 16gb 3200mhz Corsair
GPU: GTX 1660 super
HDD: 2tb Seagate
I would save £50 by choosing a Ryzen 3600. Should I use the money towards a liquid cooler?

Looks decent for the price, but the 3600XT is fairly pointless unless you're going for hardcore overclocks, and I can't imagine you're getting an X570 board at this price. If you aren't planning to OC, drop back down to the 3600 as the performance gap is negligible, and you can divert that chunk of change over to things, for example the £60ish price gap between those CPUs covers most of the added cost of moving from a 1660S to a 2060.
A 2060 would be the dream.
A 2060 would be the dream.

Play with the config and see what you can get. To answer your question above about liquid cooling, it's once again only really a worthwhile upgrade if overclocking is on the agenda. Otherwise just a decent air cooler will be absolutely fine.
Can you do decent overclocking on a MSI B450 Pro VDH (Mobo)?
A liquid cooler looks better for some reason.
I better GPU is out of the question for me unfortunately. However, a GTX 1660 Super should be good enough for me.
Can you do decent overclocking on a MSI B450 Pro VDH (Mobo)?

Apparently it's not great for OC, but honestly with the sort of configs you'll find at this price the GPU is going to bottleneck long before an overclock can offer meaningful improvements.
Luckily, I won't be overcloking.
Luckily, I won't be overcloking.

Definitely just stick with the 3600 then. Even that baseline chip is overclockable (unlike Intel who require you to get the K versions), so you still have the option to play around with it if you ever decide to in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending