The Student Room Group

freshers tickets???

i’ve been added to a whatsapp group and one of the people in the group sent us a link to buy tickets for freshers events, but i’m just wondering is it actually worth buying these tickets or should i wait until i’m at uni and get them then? has anyone bought these tickets before and were the events actually good? thanks in advance!!
Original post by valentinaax
i’ve been added to a whatsapp group and one of the people in the group sent us a link to buy tickets for freshers events, but i’m just wondering is it actually worth buying these tickets or should i wait until i’m at uni and get them then? has anyone bought these tickets before and were the events actually good? thanks in advance!!

Hi!

If the events aren't organised by your uni I would recommend waiting until you are at uni and see who else is thinking of going. There may be other events happening that are hosted by your uni or societies that you are interested in that you may want to be involved with instead! This also prevents you from being scammed as people occasionally post fake freshers events!

Hope this helps,
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Original post by valentinaax

Hey there @valentinaax !
Usually the events are actually quite good and they do good cheap drinks offers, however personally I'd wait until you know who your flatmates are before buying any tickets. In my own personal experience, by the time I'd met my flatmates everyone had bought completely different tickets. We then had to get more tickets so our days matched up. Then those tickets we didn't end up using were wasted because we couldn't find anyone to buy them because everyone already had their tickets sorted. It ended up being a whole big mess so my advice is don't bother until you know who your living with or some people on your course. I did 5 nights with my flat, 1 night with my coursemates and then took a rest day in the middle of the week.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending