The Student Room Group

Immigration officer / border force 2020

Scroll to see replies

Is anybody having an interview for CFI? Criminal and financial investigations with immigration atall? If so, how did you get on?!
Original post by Lyndsey2210
Is anybody having an interview for CFI? Criminal and financial investigations with immigration atall? If so, how did you get on?!

Had mine this morning and found it quite tough, ha! You?
Original post by Stuart7
Edinburgh & Glasgow

Hi have u heard anything back yet I applied for Glasgow too
Original post by HpAmy
Has anyone on this thread heard anything back for assistant immigration officer? Just checking as some people have been put on reserve list (written on another thread)

I had an email that I’ve been put on the reserve list for Glasgow
Original post by Thesadgrad
I’ve just had an email - my civil service jobs account has been updated this morning. I’ve been offered a role however I’ve declined it. I’m starting with SRRT next week and feel like it’s a much better opportunity. Good luck everyone and hope you all hear back soon :smile:

Hi what location was your offer for, thanks
Original post by lisacelts01
I had an email that I’ve been put on the reserve list for Glasgow

Same here, what was your interview score?
Hi have u heard anything back yet I applied for Glasgow too

Yeah I'm on the reserve list.
Original post by MichiiS
Same here, what was your interview score?

It was 24 I think I just made it lol what was urs?
Reply 388
Original post by Lyndsey2210

Got mine coming up on the 25th, just in the process of going through strength and behaviour questions that I think might come up.
It was 24 I think I just made it lol what was urs?

Was that classed as acceptable or good demonstration. 24 seems the average score on the forum really
Reply 390
Original post by Ufc1993
Was that classed as acceptable or good demonstration. 24 seems the average score on the forum really

I got 24 and its classed as acceptable
Original post by Ufc1993

Acceptable, what did u score?
Hi what location was your offer for, thanks

Also was this for the pathway assistant immigration officer job?
Pathway AIO placed on reserve list for plymouth, score of 34.
Anybody apply for Swansea?
Original post by Hone9088
Pathway AIO placed on reserve list for plymouth, score of 34.

Excellent 😊 congratulations 👏🏻 do we know anyone who has actually been offered the post yet?
Excellent 😊 congratulations 👏🏻 do we know anyone who has actually been offered the post yet?

I have seen one person so far that has received an offer with a score of 29, for a london based post (cannot remember where).
I'm hoping that they are going through each location offering out slots. Who knows !
Original post by Hone9088
I have seen one person so far that has received an offer with a score of 29, for a london based post (cannot remember where).
I'm hoping that they are going through each location offering out slots. Who knows !

Fingers crossed we have just been put on reserve due to covid as we can’t really start training just now. That’s what I’m thinking anyway lol
Original post by Pupillagewarrior
Had mine this morning and found it quite tough, ha! You?

Do you work for the civil service now ? I've got my interview in feb for north east area.
I'm a bit worried you say it was quite tough .

Do you have any advice on interview questions :smile:
I think the word is patience. The wheels move very slowly in Civil Service recruitment. I applied for a Border Force Officer - North role back in November 2018, yes, November 2018 and only sat the online interview yesterday.

Additionally, I sat an interview in Mid October 2020 for the Immigration AO Pathway role and finally heard back on Monday to say I had successfully passed the interview and was now on the Reserve List. Suppose we'll all have to wait and see what updates arrive in due course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending