The Student Room Group

Willing to help with EPQ

Hi,

I did an EPQ this year and achieved 50/50 and an A*, the topic was on CRISPR gene editing and its ethical ramifications. I am willing to give any advice/help if needed!
****ing hell well done! That's insane!

I'm doing one on autism in literature this year, and I'd really appreciate it if you could just give me some general tips? I'm struggling to fill out that massive booklet properly (I have no idea how to do it well), and I'm really unsure of what to do in the presentation? Honestly just any and all information you could give me would be a godsend, my school has been crap so far with it.
Original post by aqeel27
Hi,

I did an EPQ this year and achieved 50/50 and an A*, the topic was on CRISPR gene editing and its ethical ramifications. I am willing to give any advice/help if needed!

Wow that’s amazing. My school is making us do an “MPQ” , a mini version of an EPQ, to see what students are capable of it. Could I private message you my ideas for a potential EPQ and maybe you could suggest which one of my title is the strongest?
Reply 3
Original post by EliteBoy8
Wow that’s amazing. My school is making us do an “MPQ” , a mini version of an EPQ, to see what students are capable of it. Could I private message you my ideas for a potential EPQ and maybe you could suggest which one of my title is the strongest?

Yes of course!
Original post by aqeel27
Hi,

First of all are you doing AQA just to see if we are filling up the same booklet or not. And also what stage of EPQ are you on right now.

Our school provided us with an idiots guide to the log with an outline of what we should put in each section, which I have attached. This should give you an idea of what to include, if you do AQA, i am sorry if you do a different exam board. When filling it up, make sure to really elaborate on everything you're saying, for example you can say how COVID has hindered your research BUT you took advantage of the time given and learnt how to manage your time. Basically, waffle but make it sound smart. And for the presentation, my outline was:

My title and its evolution
Aims
Personal objectives
Research phase sources used and why
Difficulties faced
Strengths and skills gained
Link to future career how EPQ could help me in the future
Advice to future EPQ students
End slide question and answer

the presentation is more about the process rather than the actual research done, so about reflecting. I am happy to give more advice with other things, such as the actual essay, but I don't know if that will be relevant to you or not. So please say where are you in your project. You have such an interesting topic! I hope I have been of some help!

Oh wow this is way more than I thought, thank you so much! I am doing AQA, yeah! I'm currently at the end of research/just starting to outline the essay, so right now I'm just finding evidence for the last couple things I think I want to talk about. This is seriously so helpful, i cant thank you enough.
Reply 5
Original post by HarveyCB
Oh wow this is way more than I thought, thank you so much! I am doing AQA, yeah! I'm currently at the end of research/just starting to outline the essay, so right now I'm just finding evidence for the last couple things I think I want to talk about. This is seriously so helpful, i cant thank you enough.

No problem! You don't need to think about the presentation until the end of your research. But yeah, that idiots guide should give you the information as to what exactly to include in your log. For any other advice I could give is, a little late but make sure youve kept track of anything you've read to include in your bibliography. For the essay, I would say not to stress about the word count, although it sounds super daunting, usually you don't need to worry about it. If you have any specific questions, make sure to ask and I'll try my best to answer!
@clouddbubbles, this might be useful :smile:
Hi! I'm also looking to do an epq on CRISPR but I'm really struggling with what I want my question to be and how I plan on laying that out in the essay. If you could give me any help on this I will be so grateful!!!!!
Hiiii congratulations on your grade!! I would really love if you replied to my private message💓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending